frog ID in western sydney

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

noni

Reaction score
hi all, i often walk my dog at nurragingy reserve in doonside and after all this lovely rain the wetland area has filled up with water again. the other day i heard some frog calls that sounded like a person clapping in an empty concrete ampitheatre :D sorry that's the best way i can think of describing it. i've had a look on frogs.org and it sounds most similar to a spotted or striped marsh frog, but not quite... are there any other species found in western sydney that it could be?

Maybe it wasnt a frog but it was infact somebody clapping in a nearby empty ampitheatre which just happened to have been made out of concrete? :D

In all seriousness Im not sure sorry. My guess would have been a Marshie but as youve stated it isnt.

Striped marsh frogs are very very common through out Sydney, it was more likely one of them, other than that it may of been a Banjo Frog.

I have found that the low quality recordings on most sites dont sound 100% true, they just give a rough idea.

ok cool so maybe it was a striped marsh frog then... i'd like to try and find one but i assume this is easiest at night and the park closes at 6pm (and it's hard wading through the wetland with a dog and a pram lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back