Frog temperature problems

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geckogod

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone I was just worried about my green tree frogs at the moment, because its winter it gets quite cold in Sydney and the air temperature drops to about 15 degrees in the morning until about 12 pm, Ive tried putting my old scorpion cage heat pad on the side but its still not helping. Does anyone know any good tips on how to keep the air temperature up in the early morning, because I know its not good having them cold for long periods of time

Thanks in advance Geckogod:)

If you have a decent water area just put an aquarium heater in it set to about 26-27. Should keep the ambient temperature around 20 and also help with humidity...

Ben

Yeah I have a water heater in a water section, and on the colder mornings I'm finding a couple of mine sleeping in the water. The others don't mind a bit of cold. But it does work!

I dont heat mine at all mate. They are native to Sydney, so should be able to withstand the winter cold. There are a few people out there who keep them outside year round in Sydney, and have no issues at all.

If you are worried, put a water heater in as mentioned, or get a basking light over the top (i do this on really cold nights for my juvie red eye's) in addition to their uv.

frog

the green tree frog litoria caerulea live in sydney so can take the cold .:shock:i have 100s in my place can get very cold. if the frog is from qld you will nead to heat as it duss no get cold there. just a heater in the water is the best 24-26.set

Well I do have a heater in my water section already and my frogs also sleep in the water in the mornings so I guess I'm just getting over worried. Thanks for clearing my mind of the worry

Gecko god:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back