Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dobermanmick

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi
I want to get some frogs and would like to know what the best methods of keeping them and what and how to feed them ?

Thanks Mick

That would depend largly on the species Mick, what did you have in mind, how many etc?

If you were thinking of Green tree frogs Litoria cerulea There is vid of my male in my vid gallery and setup pic in Stockeh's comp thread or on his site www.animalattraction.com.au
here is a caresheet for this particular species that is pretty good imo, it may give you an idea anyway. Just a tip, for far easier feeding and housing, buy a larger frog/s atleast a few months old, unless you dont mind fiddling with tiny crix etc. Cheers :wink:
http://www.bright.net/~a1rep/a1whitecare.html
another, just google :lol:
http://allaboutfrogs.org/info/species/whites.html

Thanks inny I am not one hundred percent sure of species But i have seen some with a yellow stripe on them which ones are they ?

Crikey Mick, LOL, have you seen some of the "frog id" threads in here? Almost impossible to say, from a description of "yellow stripe" :lol: At a wild guess, if its a ground frog, id say possibly, spottedmarsh frog ~ Limnodynastes tasmaniensis its a greenish frog with dark green blotches and dark green bars across the upper thighs, it has a yellow stripe from its nose all the way down the middle of its back, and slim yellow lines from the mouth which cross thru the eyes. its range extends
from tasmania all the way up the eastern seaboard , almost to cape york penninsula.
honestly tho, i wouldnt have the foggiest lol
id get a good book an identify a species you like, then contact maybe F.A.T.S for info about obtaining them. Not sure how licensing goes in bannana land, but here you need a ak (amphib keeper)license. Have Fun, frogs are great! cheers :D

What do you think of red eyed tree frogs (Litoria Chloris)? How much are they? Where could I get one?

Hey Inny, those taddies Dick n Dave went back and got(only 2 of) are nearly 2 inches now. Big Mothers. Who knows what they are?? When they Morph we'll put em back. Will take photos first for some ID. Cheers Cheryl

what stage are they up to...do they have front legs yet? any colouring comming through?

Yeah me too Greebo. Dave n Dick found them up river from here in a recently flooded area(being flooded to help rejuvenate the river flats etc), which hasn't had water in it for about 5 years or more. Cheers

Sorry Mick i'm gonna jump on your post too. With all the rain here in the Brissy area the creeks are full and the frogs happy. I went spotting in Daisy Hill State Forest on Tuesday night and was happy to spot 4 species (some pics in gallery) although I know there was others i couldn't see. Would love to know if anyone else in the area went spotting and what they got to see.

cheers
Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back