Frogs and setup pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tourett

Reaction score
Just thought I'd add some pics of my GTF setup. I used to have the full on half and half tank with live plants and fish and artificial rain, THe Works.
I lost a frog and another started to get sick, so I changed the whole setup. The have never been better all eating like pigs and shinny and healthy :lol: sounds like shampoo commercial. They just love their froggy condo we call it the Lilly Pad. I'd like hear what people think.
Tourett

sorry guys slow at getting pics up on dial up at home. Is quicker if do on BB at work. :wink:

Some nice pics saikrett, but wheres the frogs.
Rodent Rancher my big femele died, she got very sticky and lumpy and had breathing problems. My other female started showing the same symptoms and so I changed everything. I have GTFs in my back yard so I made my setup like my back yard.
Tourett

rodentrancher said:
Do the frogs actually go inside the box? And what are the measurements of the tank?
Yes mate they have their own condo. The tank is bout 3 x 2 x2 foot.
Tourett

Instar There are 5 GTFs in there. Some where sleeping.

Yeah RR for sure too much humidity. I suppose the point I was trying to make was that you go to all the trouble in the world to make a fantastic setup, but who are you going to all that trouble for, the frogs or you.
The frog are thriving in the simplest of setups. Easy to clean plenty of space to jump around, and they can choose what level they want to sleep at.
Tourett

Yup exactly, they dont really like it that humid, simplicity works well ive found. sorry to hear about your female :(

"Looks good mate, ya carnt help but love them, their mad.....we have a few resident ones that think they own the house, one's quite comical, he lives beside the soap holder in the bathroom, hop's into the lounge after dark and waits to be hand fed moths from the screen door, if this fails he makes his way to the cats water bowl for a pit stop, a hopeful ambush on a unsuspecting cat...........if this gains on attention he goes to the snake room and gets onto the woodie container and peers in mornfully.....it's a nut!!!, worth standing in the crap in the middle of the night"

Got em jumpin around everywhere!!!A few other species as well....

I love your setup there, looks very clean and spacious.

I noticed that you have them inside, how do you find their noise?

Menagerie said:
I noticed that you have them inside, how do you find their noise?
The kids and I never hear it, but my missus says they keep her up all night sometimes.
So no problems.
Tourett

lol - have tried telling hubby that the sound of frogs croaking is one of the most soothing & happy noises in the world. Can't get him to believe me for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back