Frogs Look Dry

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrogLegs

Reaction score
hello,
3 out 4 of my baby tree frogs skin looks very. there is heaps of humidity in the tank. and plenty of water. all the sides of the tank is covered with condensation to suggest high levels of humidity. does anyone have any comments?
cheers

alot of the time they can be very silly and dry out but they may look dry but there actually not , thats when the spray bottle comes in. most of the time they would be alright because at night they absorb alot of water to keep themselves moist, thats why they sit in the water all night
i hope that helps a bit

Hmm, it seems strange to me. Normally their skin should look like wax when they sleep.
And when they are awake their skin should be slightly wet.
Do you have any pics? It's hard to say without a pic.

@ blakeus
Is this your Litoria splendida? It looks very nice.

here's the pic

pic

Attachments

• June 2007 025.jpg
    June 2007 025.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 76
its hard to see but his skin looks dry to the point where you can see texture in the skin.
where as before his skin looked smooth and wet.

well, from what I can spot on the pic your GTF seems quite normal for me.
No reason to worry. It looks healthy to me. And it has a good coloration.
Very nice.

Hey mate,

If you want me to look at it let me know, is there any chance it could have eaten the crystal bits from the crickets. Have you misted the tank and him with room temp water?
Is he eating?

you mean the trash that comes with the crickets? well that is possible cause it has gotten in the tank when i put in the crickets. since then i have invested in a cricket catcher that leaves all the trash behind. i havent sprayed them with a bottle since i put the waterfall in. i will do that now. also tomorrow i am setting up the new tank so we will see how that goes. if it doesnt change by tomorrow then if you want u can come over and see what you think.
cheers

i ran out of small crickets and extreme pets are closed and all the other shops i know are out of small. so i was giving them the pinheads and they were ignoring them at first but now they seem to be eating just fine.

now they seem to be eating just fine.

that sounds very good. Please give them well dusted crickets with calcium/vitamin powder.
Calcium is very important for their growth.

mate mine have dry days too but nothing to worry about if they are eating then they are usually feeling fine.

Have you worked out who i am yet? Give me a call if your worried.

no worries mate.
i will give u a call when i set up the new tank so u can check it out.
thanx

Do you have anymore pics posted of your frogs? I will go and have a look, as that frog looks like a white lip not a GTF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back