Frozen Rabbits - Sydney

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

playwell

Reaction score
Hello all you Sydney siders who have been after frozen Rabbits for your reptiles food requirements.

What I am wondering is, who would be interested in buying frozen rabbits for the approximate prices I have below.

I am looking into supplying rabbits at these prices: :)

Prices per Rabbit.

200g - $5.50
300g - $6.65
400g - $7.75
500g - $9.00
600g - $10.25
700g - $11.50
800g - $12.75
900g - $14.00
1KG - $15.25
1.5kg - $20.00

(All rabbits are captive bred for the human food industry)

I think these prices are very good compared to other suppliers, & are so much cheaper than rats.

I am looking for people who would be intersted in buying from me, as I am trying to gauge if it is worth my while to supply them on a permanent basis.

I am located in the Sutherland/Cronulla area. Pickup Only at this stage. :wink:

If only my Olives were a few feet bigger. If they were I would definatly be interested. Although how big would the 200g rabbits be. They would make a great every now and the feed.

200g = Med to large Rat, depends who you buy from.

300g = Large rat

Rabbits have a heavier bone structure, so therefore have more calcium, they are also supposed to be a lot leaner that rats, so I'm lead to believe.

I dont have a graph at this stage, I will look for one tonight.

Last Sat, one of my Carpets knocked back a 100gram rat I offered him, he had eaten one already so I wasnt fussed, but I offered a rabbit (I thought was to big for him), He smashed it!! cheaky bugger being fussy.

hmmm in that case i am interested. they would make a great change for the snakes even if they get one each per month.

i buy 300g rats for $5 ea, i don't see the big deal.

i always thought that rabbits were dirt cheap compared to rats?

and i don't pay any special price, that price is from the local rat wholesaler.

yeah Id prob buy a few from ya every now and then

Azztech said:
i buy 300g rats for $5 ea, i don't see the big deal.

i always thought that rabbits were dirt cheap compared to rats?

and i don't pay any special price, that price is from the local rat wholesaler.

Gee thanks for that Azz, your lucky, & your in QLD! :roll:

Now for everyone in Sydney :)

I don't know about everyone else but I am sick of paying B/S prices for rats, & when they are over 250g they are fatty & expensive.

People who want some, Please PM me as I am ordering this weekend I will try to get exactly what you want.

Regards
Craig

I don't know about everyone else but I am sick of paying B/S prices for rats, & when they are over 250g they are fatty & expensive.

i totally disagree. i think you are playing a tune that suits your ears :roll:
i dunno if you've seen a rabbit lately, but their fat buggers, and they only get fatter as they get bigger.

C'mon Azz, I'm not interested in anything but offering some cheap food alternative to SYDNEY reptile owners.

From my own experience of late I have found it hard to find local to my area, any good quality frozen food at a good price.

These prices are as AZZ said whole sale.

want my tip - find out where the wildlife centres (local to you)(for injured animals) buy their rats from, coz you'll find they'll be the cheapest, and best.

Thats a good idea, I do need a good rat supplier for the smaller food requirements.

Wildlife centre? Would not have thought that.
Fill me in. Do they breed their own?

no, the supplier, that sells to them would be your best bet.

if you ring your local wildlife centre and ask them, they may give you the details.

rabbits

hey there playwell,
if you do decide to do freight for your rabbits be sure to put up a post as i am keen to start my olives on rabbits soon, and those prices look pretty reasonable to me.
have had a chance to compare skinned rats and rabbits, and the rats tend to be more fatty, but then when you de-fur a small rabbit there is not much left in terms of solid body content! i guess when you are using the slightly bigger rabbits it has to be more beneficial than using two or three rats at a feed!
anyway, good luck with it all for now,
bombie

This is the first time I am selling, so I am feeling it out for now.
If the demands is there i will most certainly start freighting.

Thanks for the interest, I will let you know if it works out.

Regards
Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back