Gag order on kids

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suto75, with all due respect to your grandfather he gave you a trivial answer when you were a boy. Some of the freedoms that exist for us today are a result of our diggers efforts rather than the reason why they fought. Many reasons given for someone going to war in my opinion are often attempts at deflecting further coversation and often those that fought probably had little idea of the real reasons other than it was a big adventure and their duty.

Have you ever taken the time to LISTERN to old diggers oranyone who was there is the great wars.
Have you spent a few hours on ANZAC day having a beer andsaying thanks for what these men done?
I would think not. When you have then you can call me a simpleton.These people went to war on the facts that what they know would be gone if theydidn’t stop the Germans and the japs.
It's really that simple. Maybe your history teacher came upwith something that’s completely different and what the governments at the timesaid but I'm talking about the diggers not the people who pull the strings.
Name calling is not nice my friend we are just have a debate. no need for it

Yes i have liste'r'ned to the old diggers, like i said my family has been involved in Australian and English war history.

Yes i have thanked them for what the sacrafices made by them and also to other family members who lost loved ones during war.

I call you a simpletone because your views are A) simple, B) wrong.

You accuse me of trivialising war? The truth of these wars are far far more complicated than you are making out. You have said that the wars were fought to defend our right to freedom of speech. A right that we don't and never have had. That is trivial. From your own arguments i am betting that i have a deeper and more balanced understanding of WWII history than you.

lol i think you need to go back and read I said the reason why my Grandfather went to war was...... not why the world went to war
Please tell me again why you know more about what he said to me then i do.........

I'll just point out Sutto that you brought up the war and the sacrafices that so many people around the world made to justify your child not being allowed to ask a, most likely, inconsequential question on a premise that is wrong.

That is disrespectful.

lol i think you need to go back and read I said the reason why my Grandfather went to war was...... not why the world went to war
Please tell me again why you know more about what he said to me then i do.........

If you really were only referring to your grandfather and not Australian's involved in WWII when you said
I thought mygrandfather spent 3 years as a POW fighting for freedom of speech
. Then fine. I'll accept that, but this statement
Have you ever taken the time to LISTERN to old diggers oranyone who was there is the great wars.
Have you spent a few hours on ANZAC day having a beer andsaying thanks for what these men done?
tells me that you probably weren't.

Anyway, now you are changing your argument to be about your argument. I don't care to do that.

Wow, it looks like the APS version of Jerry Springer in here :shock: I think this thread will get shut down pretty soon.

ahh another gen y who has forgotten more then anyone will ever learn........

Atleast i have learnt accurately!

You've lived your life thinking that you have a constitutional right to freedom of speech! Although it is not an entirely uncommon misconception.

The point of the so called "gag order" is to stop overzealous and irresponsible parents from furthering their own deluded sense of right to an opinion through their children.

tl;dr: to stop moronic parents from using their children as mouth pieces.

Guys, start a new thread about WWII and whether our forefathers won our freedoms.

Parliament of Australia: Senate: Constitution - Senate Constitution

COMMONWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA CONSTITUTION ACT - Commonwealth constitution

in neither is anything about freedom of speech even listed ergo, no Aussie ever went to war to protect our freedom of speech.

however it is HIGHLY probable that propaganda around the wars indicated to the fighters that that's what they were fighting for but then again pretty much every war AU has be in is with the USA so its not unrealistic for the USA propaganda to spill over to our troops.

tho as mentioned we do have the cultural tolerance/acceptance to speak our minds openly with little reprimand in the way of significant punishment.

that's end of war argument.

as per school gag, i can understand the desire to try and keep it civil in the hopes the PM or future ones return, however i still feel the kids should be allowed to ask there questions as long as they are polite and legitimate questions be it related to the visit or other AU issues, kids should be encouraged to be interested in politics, i worry when the X gen are in power *shudder*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back