Garden Skinks

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jazza12

Not so new Member
Reaction score
heya

I found a massive colony of these garden skinks in my yard and i was wondering if there able to be cought, bred and used as food? for bearded dragons or is this over mean??

do they carry bacteria or diseases that will transmit to my dragons??

I'm pretty sure it's illegal to use wild animals for food items. In any case, it's illegal to remove animals from the wild unless you have the proper licencing.

Bearded dragons should be fed crickets or woodies, not lizards anyway. They will also eat pinkie rats and mice, depending on size, but these should be use sparingly.

illigal =O

wow theres like 300 of the little buggers under a rock in my yard, they scarred the crap out of me when i turnd it over =S, i honesty thought they were a pest. srry

They are also really hard to keep because they eat lots of little bugs (apparently).

Its illegal to feed them to dragons, you can feed a list of species to animals that will only eat lizards in Qld. They are also likely to carry disease which may harm your reptiles.

Lizards are a natural food for beardies, if you live in Qld in an area with Asian house geckos you can feed them to reptiles. Its a good idea to freeze them first though to kill any parasites etc.

even though its illeagal...i bet heaps of people do it! or even to have a few spare for scenting there mice to give to smaller pythons/elapids that don't wanna eat mice/rats!

cris does that mean i could feed a AHG to my woma?
if u could breed them would they then b able to b fed alive to the woma?

Do any of you guys know what they eat im just curious they breed in backyard im just not sure how to tell male from female anyone know plz tell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back