GEEK NEWS!!! The Amiga is BACK!! OMG OMG OMG!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slim6y

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Commodore USA

With its very own operating system...

I'm fully geeked out... This is the best news I've ever heard...

"This year marks the 25th Anniversary of the legendary AMIGA's birth. A personal computer far ahead of its time. It gives us great pleasure restore this icon from the micro-computer era to the forefront of technology and bring it back to consumer consciousness once more. We seek to introduce a new generation to the AMIGA and insprire them with its capabilities and possibilities.

At Commodore USA, our goal is to restore the AMIGA brand to its former glory. Our mission is to produce "Beautiful, High-Performance, Home Computers for Creativity and Entertainment". Our reboot and re-imagining of the clasic AMIGA line-up will showcase the latest and greatest Personal Computer Hardware and Operating System technology available today.

Our modern day AMIGA incarnation will feature "Commodore OS", a distinctive, attractive, advanced and stable Operating System experience, that will come pre-loaded with dozens of the latest and greatest productivity and creativity software the open source world has to offer. Featuring dozens of exciting 3D games, the latest web browsing technology, a Microsoft Word compatible Office Suite, advanced graphical manipulation programs, 3D raytracing software, advanced software development tools and languages, photo and movie editing and sound and music composition programs, there is no task too big or too small for an AMIGA to accomplish. Commodore OS will also be classic Commodore compatible, with the cability to run classic 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit era software via emulation. Our next generation AMIGA also provides optimum software flexibility by providing the option to run Windows software either from a dual boot menu at start up, or seamlessly integrated within Commodore OS itself."

You just have to agree - surely... This is fantastic...

You'll be able to play those fantastic Amiga games all over again!!!

I remember the original civilization was like 6 discs and you needed about 40 minutes to load it!!!

very cool cant wait

Are you even old enough to remember the original Amiga 500???

OMG - I can't wait either!!!!

Any ideas on the price?

I'd like to go for the Amiga 3000 - but I am guessing that's the price tag (or add another $1k).

I'm just so happy that for once when somebody's reminiscing about the birth of some sort of technology, this time I was actually too young to remember it! :D

We never had an Amiga or Commodore 64 back in the day......we had the COMX-35......joystick in the keyboard & all.
Load games etc using a cassette that'd whistle & hiss as it loaded a basic game very slowly. What a powerhouse haha

Comx-35 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Woah... Talk about a HUGELY STUPID investment into the smallest niche market you could imagine. Someone is going to end up on the bones of their ***.

You'll be able to play those fantastic Amiga games all over again!!!

I remember the original civilization was like 6 discs and you needed about 40 minutes to load it!!!
No need. I have an operating Amiga 500.

same but i still want one!

Fair enough. It does look pretty good and sound like a nice idea. I guess I don't get the reasoning behind the emulator seeing as I can already emulate it on every appliance in my house ahah. If it had the old school controls then it would be all the more worth it.

In the early eighties I worked with Commodore Computers, we developed our in-house dos and programmed them in basic, sold business software Australia-wide. Each time there was a tax adjustment, every customer would have to return their disks to have them upgraded to the latest tax scales, we made a fortune each time :)
We were working with 32k Ram and 1mb disk space, lol
Cheers
Adam

Lol yeh, when I read the other day that they were resurrecting the C64, I almost painted my monitor with coffee! Given that they are fully functional PC's as well as re-tooled originals, I think they should do fairly well! My best childhood memory was getting a Vic20 for xmas back in 1980. I feel priviledged to have been one of the first to be told by their folks "Get off that damn computer!" because of course... they wanted to watch TV!

Lol yeh, when I read the other day that they were resurrecting the C64, I almost painted my monitor with coffee! Given that they are fully functional PC's as well as re-tooled originals, I think they should do fairly well! My best childhood memory was getting a Vic20 for xmas back in 1980. I feel priviledged to have been one of the first to be told by their folks "Get off that damn computer!" because of course... they wanted to watch TV!
Brilliant. I wish I was around for the release of all those machines. But I still get to reap the benefits because my uncle is a hoarder and kept all of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back