german giant?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dano85

Reaction score
hi guys what is a german giant bearded dragon?
Is it a breeding line in germany?

It was a line of bearded dragons introduced into the U.S hobby by Pete Weis which are very big dragons

be warned about the seller advertising those beardies on that pet.... site. you may not get what you pay for

german giants prob scam

as already stated german giant are an american hybrid which originated from cross breeding a central bearded dragon with a much larger eastern bearded dragon. Inter species breeding is illegal in australia & for aussies it is impossible legally to import the german from the states. Personaly i think it only came about by some greedy yank with the theory of the bigger the female,the more eggs & hence more $$$ return per clutch

hahahaha i saw donkmeisters add i am sure its illegal 2 breed them in nsw but stand corrected if its legal in other states(nsw laws r tight). I know of people that do have them but nothing like the colour or sizes of giants in the states. Dont forget some users,this is a forum & not a witch hunt hahaha

Even if you threw a Vitti over a Barbata do you think that is enough to claim them as Giants?
Hybrids - mongrels - X breeds maybe but they are not a new line or species. Especially not in the 1st or 2nd generation lol

Not to be confused with the Austrian giants which were a mix of the Eastern beardie with genes from the Schwarzenegger Skink. Extremely rare. PM me for pics- before I close photoshop.

Same breeder who successfully bred the Crapet and the Crossum. A quick search of this site will yield photos of said lines. Both freely available for viewing here:

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/australian-snakes-37/very-nice-python-122390

EOI's encouraged.

hahahaha i saw donkmeisters add i am sure its illegal 2 breed them in nsw but stand corrected if its legal in other states(nsw laws r tight). I know of people that do have them but nothing like the colour or sizes of giants in the states. Dont forget some users,this is a forum & not a witch hunt hahaha

You may be sure it's illegal but you are wrong:lol: perhaps do some research before making a claim like that.. It is perfectly legal to breed hybrid reptiles in NSW there are even species codes for some on the licencing paperwork..

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back