Getting A Baby Wild Blue Tongue Transfered Onto Licence

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with snakepimp,shoulda just shut the hell up and kept the little bugger,he was probably liking all the fussing over him.get used to hearing about "the law" this and the law that.most pple on here must be lawyers.

so basically we should let sick/neglected/injured/dirty reptiles to go about their business even if our intervention would help them immensly? I am also talking about finding reptiles and buying reptiles that are in these conditions.

You can keep sick and injured wildlife for up to 72 hours without being a wildlife carer, its usually in the best interest of the animal to get it to a carer as soon as possible though

You can keep sick and injured wildlife for up to 72 hours without being a wildlife carer, its usually in the best interest of the animal to get it to a carer as soon as possible though

thanks for clearing that up bro.

keep em on the wild side

If you HAVE to interfere with wildlife ie: help an injured creature... then quickly and efficiently get it to a wildlife vet and they will hand it over to a trained wildlife carer (who will rehabilitate it, and release it)...
This is a hard task if it is a real beauty (a puggle/joey/lizard/bird etc)... but the wildies are not there for us to get a cute-fix :)

I realise it's been let go now and the point is basically moot but I have a friend who works for WIRES. He has told me before that they can be kept if they have been injured to a point where they would likely not survive in the wild. He asked me if I'd want any animals that he cared for that were deemed not releasable (if that wasn't a real word it is now). That decision has to be made by pros though. You can't just decide for yourself

I haven't heard of this before. Are you sure about this Souldoubt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back