GIANT SNAKE CAUGHT

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

byjungle

Reaction score
Hi Guys, saw this on another forum, very interesting

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/3354403.stm

http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/0,1518,280028,00.html

0,1020,318172,00.jpg

:)

I want one! There's a few yappy dogs around my area, that love to bark in the early hours of the morning, that could do with a little adventure! :)

i wonder how much they bought the python for... :)
in the encyclopaedia of snakes by chris mattison they said that a snake that size wouldnt be able to survive under their own weight. i suppose this proves him wrong

I know it's hard to see from a photo, but that doesn't look that big!
If it is, there is a American museum that has offered a us$100,000 reward for a snake of at least 30 ft, so that one would easily claim the prize! This reward has been offered since the 1930's 0r 40's I think.

Neil

Heh! LOL! Too true! It might even get around to those noisy children that play near my window! :twisted:

I saw this one on the Bob Clark forum earlier today. As I said there I have my doubts on this one. It would be nice if it were true but I highly doubt it. The photo may be a standard Associated Press photo. A little while ago they did a photo on African Rocks eating children and ran a photo of a ball python. It will be interesting how it turns out. I hope it's true.

:) That conjures up great imagery! A Rock eating a child! Sorta like Pacman! :)

Heh! I KNEW you'd get that reference, Phil! :)

WOW ..................thats all i can say.................... :shock:

hmmmmmmmm wow I dont believe it...but it will be nice to be provenwrong i must say :D

can anyone tell what sort of snake it is? And l bet there is no monkeys left in the area that it was captured?

It is in my nature to believe till othervise. I am bit easy to fool.
But it is nice to imagin that this large snake exist .

Offically this is the biggest snake in captivity right now. Her name is Fluffy and she was bred by Bob Clark (the guy with the goatie). She is a Sulawesi Reticulated Python that at last messurement was 26ft. Bob specializes in breeding large pythons. He is responsible for almost all the burmese and retic morphs. Enjoy-I love this picture. I can't wait to get a retic or 8...

Boyd%20Matson%20and%20Fluffy.jpg

Here's another one with Bob and Fluffy. She was a bit smaller here I think..

Fluffy.jpg

I think snakes that make it to such a big size in the wild should be left there and not taken into captivity.

She's not wild caught-cbb. The problem with releasing the supposed 49fter, is that in that part of the world, retics are activly hunted for skins and meat. Even if the snake doesn't turn out to be 49ft. (which won't leave anyone surprised), every poacher will be after it, because it is undoubtedly a large snake. I thought it should be just documented (photographed, blood samples, all the vitals) and released. But that would effectivly sign its death warrent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back