gippsland water dragon eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marc

Reaction score
how long do they incubate for 60-80 days?

thankyou for your comment brandon, but I was actually looking for someone that has breed them and with alittle intellegence

Well if you can give an exact day your better than most marc,even experienced breeders wont give an exact day just an estimate.I mean no need to be nasty bout it,even your estimate is 60 to 80 days thats a big difference in time,as most eggs it all depends on the incubation temps.

untill they hatch isnt quite what I was looking for, just abit of info, do they take longer than eastern water dragons?

Having breed Gippsland for the last 2 years,
60 to 80 days your probably looking at dead hatchlings if they have not hatch before then.

The avarage is 50 to 60 days, at an incubation tempreature of 28 to 29 Degrees.

Have also lost clutches by having the water and vermiculite mixture wrong.

Hope that helps.

Darin

Have never bred Gippsland but ,my normal waterdragons generally hatch 50-55 days at 31 degrees

well everybody my gippies started to hatch tonight 4/12/03 it took 52 days for them to incubate, I am watching them at the moment hatching, this would have to be the best part about keeping.

I know when I get some pics i will post them

congrats marc, how blue are they?
look forward to seeing the pics

the adults are true blue phase, but the babies will be very dark, they have only their heads out at the moment

awesome, have you got the camera out now?

yes I do but its not didital only slide, so you guys will have to wait

at what age do they start turning blue or is it a gradual age thing?
cheers
Ad

sorry I took off so quicky last night but the power when out so I watched them hatch by candle light, 4 out of 4 hatched, and another clutch of 4 in about 20 days, to ad I am not to sure when they start turning blue or if they will at all, it may be like vitticeps you can get both red and yellows in the same clutch....I will be keeping this first clutch as I have been waiting for the last five years to fine the right blue male for my very special girl which I have had since 1993, she also happens to be my fav... its funny how animals help you get through really tuff times, you hear of dogs and cats doing that for you but not herps am I weird or what.....I am total stoked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back