Glass Sizing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skitzmixer

Reaction score
Heya,

Anyone got the formula for working out the glass size using the glass tracks from bunnings handy? I for the life of me cannot remember where i put them. I even wrote them down just incase i forgot and i missed placed that as well :shock::shock:

I think from memory it was the height (including the tracks top & bottom) - 12mm (which is the top track), but i just wanted to be sure before i ordered the glass. For the length, i think it was length+overlap / 2..

Can anyone confirm this for me? Else i guess i'll have to make another trip to bunnings, my second home. .

Cheers

Don't subtract the height of the whole top track or it will fall out. Usually I do about 7-8mm

Well that was lucky then haha thanks for quick response.

Well that was lucky then haha thanks for quick response.

- - - Updated - - -

just went and measured the bottom track and its 8mm so i think your spot on, that was lucky :)

Last edited:
if you where to just measure from the inside of the top track down to about 1 or 2 mm above the top of the bottom track it should work out fine

It is the internal cabinet height,without the tracks, minus 11mm

It is the internal cabinet height,without the tracks, minus 11mm
I've got my old papers left from the packaging and they concur.

Opening -11mm. If you subtracted the top track it still wouldn't fall out because the bottom track is still lifting it up higher than the bottom footer. I think you will find the top track is around 12mm thick anyway.1mm is a bees ****.

im getting glass tommorow so what is it. Internal height minus 11mm or 12mm? Also how do you do the overlap formula, do you just measure half of the tank and add 5cm to each overlap. Sorry for hijacking the thread.

For the overlap you measure the total width of the opening, add 50mm, then halve that number. If you add 50mm to each half you'll end up with a 100mm overlap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back