going to ki

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots and lots and lots of cats?
Never been, but apparently they have amazing wildlife and a big cat problem.

Seals, penguins, kangaroos....

Lizard wise I remember catching heaps of sandswimmer type skinks on the dunes....

i have a list of reptiles and amphibians found in a national park there, ill add that that park is close to half the islands size. when you do go, i remember there being scorpions and in certain places lots. but only if you looked for em. could you catch a few for me? when i went last i didnt know it was legal so i didnt get any, but you cant collect invertebrates from national parks for obvious reasons. jsut thought id ask you lol

looking for the list now

oh and i reccomend the honey places, (try sugar gum :D) seal bay, i think thats the name and pauls place. he has a few pythons and the regular, roos, lamas, goats, sheep, ducks, geese, dogs, echidnas, rosenburg monitors wich are also wild there, youll notice loads of them, wallabies and roos as roadkill, he also has dogs and red tailed black cockatoos that you can have sit on your head. heaps of other animals to.

the list of frogs and reptiles of flinders chase national park

Frogs:
Common Froglet
Eastern Banjo Frog
Spotted Grass Frog
Brown tree frog
painted frog
brown toadlet

Reptiles
lined worm-lizard
pygmy copperhead
eastern three-lined skink
tawny dragon
leathery turtle
bull skink
white's skink
three toed earless skink
four-toed earless skink
garden skink
bouganville's skink
southern four toed slider
dwarf skink
mallee snake-eye skink
thick tailed gecko
southern marbled gecko
black tiger snake (every where)
southern grass skink
rosenburg monitor

the list was made july 2004 so yeah

well hopefully youll have time to look around abit, i know the place i was at when you actually crossed the border out of a park on the driveway down.

do you actuually have your trip planned and somewhere booked? i can find the name of the place i was at. its brilliant and there should be some joeys around this time of year and they come right up and eat from your hand, and at night when eating out side wallabies run under you to get to the fresh grass on our side of the fence, lol

we stayed here: http://www.takeabreak.com.au/StokesBay/KangarooIsland/LathamiLodge.htm

my dad knows a guy that lives up there so we will camp at his for a day then at the wildlife park then i dont know where we are staying after that

so youll be at a place that isnt in any of the parks? if so remember to go looking under rocks and bark for me lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back