Good dragon lizard for a beginner

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Netteddragon

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking for a dragon lizard that will fit in 75x35x35 cm I would like them if possible to be active, energetic and the largest I would allow them to be is about 20 cm

Also with the tank size I would like to fit 2 or more dragons into it
Thanks

In a tank that size, maybe a Lawson's bearded dragon. I would advise against putting more than one of any kind of dragon in a tank. Geckos maybe, but not dragons.

Pine family I mean by putting two of the same in as the same species of dragon

That's what I meant. Some will tell you its ok to put more than one dragon in a tank, but you take a chance on them fighting and getting injured, or one dominating the other resulting in slower growth in the dominated one, or suffering from stress. IMO, the only safe way to house more than one dragon of the same species is in an outdoor enclosure, which would be larger.

That's what I meant. Some will tell you its ok to put more than one dragon in a tank, but you take a chance on them fighting and getting injured, or one dominating the other resulting in slower growth in the dominated one, or suffering from stress. IMO, the only safe way to house more than one dragon of the same species is in an outdoor enclosure, which would be larger.
ok well what is a good specie I want a small dragon

Depending on what state you are in, and whether or not you need a permit. Most states allow you to have one inland beardie, or Lawson's beardie. But if you are intending on getting more, then a permit is required, and you can get whatever is your state's basic list.
As I said above, in a tank that size, I would recommend a Lawson's. They are active, and enjoy being handled. There are some other small dragons (central netted's, painted's, etc) but some of them don't handle as well as the beardie varieties. The Lawson's, or pygmy, bearded dragons generally grow to about 12 to 15 cm (plus tail length). Perfect dragon for a tank that size.

ok well one final question sorry for bothering you but what do you think are better the lawson or pygmy

Sorry for being confusing in that last post. It's the same dragon, just another name. They are also known as black soiled dragons.

For that tank 1 lawsoni dragon. Certainly not 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back