Good Paddock

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuscus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
In the ironically named sunshine coast, surrounded
Came across this guy this morning. Unusual for the Sunny Coast he was huge, you can see heaps of sub-adult and adult reptiles but old adults are few and far between. Note the size of the head! And very placid, didn't even tongue flicker, all he wanted to do was warm in the morning sun. She was as quite as captive animal and, if she had been captive, I would have said over-fed!
While I was there an old guy came up and started a conversation, fortunately he liked reptiles and has a large carpet on rat duty in his barn. I left the animal at the side of the road, came back in 5 minutes time and found the guy had put some rubbish near the snake so that drivers (read rednecks) would avoid the spot and the animal would not join the huge numbers of roadkill that I'm currently seeing.
OH, and dispite the fact it was a high toad area the place had RBBS, I saw three, but they were all camera shy and bolted. I tried to get between one animal and cover but she was having none of that, and went high speed between my legs.

Attachments

• DSC_6406.JPG
    DSC_6406.JPG
    200 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC_6408.JPG
    DSC_6408.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC_6417.JPG
    DSC_6417.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC_6419.JPG
    DSC_6419.JPG
    211.6 KB · Views: 104
Nice pics

Is it unusual to see thm on the ground when they aren't digesting something? I've only ever seen one darwin on the ground that didn't have a feed in its belly.

Real Close

Nice pics

Is it unusual to see thm on the ground when they aren't digesting something? I've only ever seen one darwin on the ground that didn't have a feed in its belly.
Around here you normally see them on the ground. Of course a snake high in a tree is harder to spot than one on the side of the road.

Attachments

• DSC_6424.JPG
    DSC_6424.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 51
Nice pics mate.
Does it effect them in anyway if sand or dirt get into their heat pits? Do they get irritated? Just curious.

Cheers,
Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back