got tagged by my python for the first time

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nah, i checked very carfully and there was no tooth. i do have very sensitive skin.

LMFAO sound like one hell of a night.:p

Ha ha yeah, I realised as I wrote out that first sentence that I could have been describing..... something else.;)

Edit: Wah-hey! 100th Post!

Ha ha I was thinking the same thing :lol:

I had the exact same thing happen to me the other night, had just told a friend that arvo that our woma had never even tried to bite us, then I went and grabbed him just before I fed him (With rat-smelling hands, stupid, stupid stupid!!!) and he tagged me on the tip of my index finger, threw coils around my wrist and started to squeeze a bit.
View attachment 267236
I left it for a while, thinking he would catch on soon that I wasn't really food.... 5 minutes later I thought maybe I'll give him a little encouragement to let go, by running his head under cold water. All that did was make him decide to eat me faster!
View attachment 267237
As soon as the water hit him, he started swallowing! he got all the way down to my hand, then kinda looked like "Ah... What do I do now? I know, I'll just keep chewing, surely there'll be some way to get it in."
I eventually had to submerge the poor bugger in a sink of water to get him to let go. But he ate his rat no worries afterwards, so no harm done!
Also, rather disappointingly, there was not much blood at all! But that's my first snake bite out the way, and now I know it's not particularly painful then I won't flinch too much if/when it happens again.

Ha ha love the pictures, lucky it isnt a scrubby, might have swallowed your whole hand, but that would be a pretty cool experience, a painful one too xD

Ummm... Kinda slippery, and... Moist. The saliva is really lubricate-y, obviously to help food slide down the throat.
I know that feeling:lol:

Attachments

• 114.jpg
    114.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 106.jpg
    106.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 68
should sticky a bite thread i quite enjoy them

For your sick and twisted pleasure. I had to fix a small prolapse today on one of the chondros. I only got tagged once.
IMG_0406.jpg

Honestly, the RSP bite was like a few pin pricks. The pain came from the pressure of him coiling around my hand until he realised that I'm not food :p

Ooooh, roughie! I want one! Biiiiiig teeth, as I'm sure you're well aware! And if you weren't I'll bet you are after that bite!

Yep big teeth, fully aware and he was only a yearling at the time :shock:

Great just got my roughoe can't wait until he gives me a love bite like yours lol

Great just got my roughoe can't wait until he gives me a love bite like yours lol

Good luck, I've had two for 3 years and only been bitten the once lol, although they do get somewhat aggressive at feeding time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back