Gotta love mertens

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AGAMIDAE

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just a pic od my girl, post of some pics of your mertens...

How big do they get to ? and do they make good pets ? I am interested in getting another kind of Monitor....Some thing that is bigger then a Ridge tail but not too big.

I just love Mertens and when I start getting back into monitors I will get some more.

Already on my Monitor (& enclosure space) wishlist...
Great shots by the way...

Lurk said:
How big do they get to ? and do they make good pets ? I am interested in getting another kind of Monitor....Some thing that is bigger then a Ridge tail but not too big.

Any reptile is never really going to be a "Pet" as such, but some will tolerate us more that others, I have a Sandie that is harness trained and seems to enjoy my company but he was handled often from juvie size. Even so I do not take that for granted as a fright could result in me being bitten or used as a tree :D

WA Acckies get quiet large but are very expensive, but I would suggest a Sandie easier to handle than a lacie not as skittish as mertons.

Here is a photo of our old Mertens, the photo was well before digital so isn't the best. I guess it was about 12 years ago.
It lived fulltime with the Bearded Dragon and they got on like a house on fire.
Mertens.jpg

Awesome monitors. Great pics, I love the feeding shot - do you use thawed yabbies or live ones as they can carry lots of parasites?

boa said:
Here is a photo of our old Mertens, the photo was well before digital so isn't the best. I guess it was about 12 years ago.
It lived fulltime with the Bearded Dragon and they got on like a house on fire.
Mertens.jpg

TOGETHERNESS - It's all about co-existing in Harmony here on the APS Forums :twisted:

Hay Raptor, has your monitor had blisters before? with the spotted scarring I say it has done...

AGAMIDAE and boconnor awesome pics

boa: thats an interesting combo of animals, did the Beardy jump into the pool with the mertens? :)

Heres my ex trio of u. miliis with there old cage mate :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back