gunnedah flood

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kel

Reaction score
heres some pics of some skinks my kids pulled out of the river today, we released them in our garden, most were still in the water when the kids caught them, ive added a pic of a snake that was dead on the road too he had been eating a bluey, im not real sure what breed it is had a yellowish belly, he looks black in the pic but looked browner in the flesh would it just be a dark, brown snake any ideas? there was frogs galore too but i didnt get any pics of them, theres one pic of the river too and is up heaps since then its not going to peak till around 10 -11 in the morn

Attachments

• 29112008(019).jpg
    29112008(019).jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 29112008(020).jpg
    29112008(020).jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 108
  • 29112008(022).jpg
    29112008(022).jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 104
  • 26102008(005).jpg
    26102008(005).jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 151
  • 29112008(012).jpg
    29112008(012).jpg
    145 KB · Views: 98
Cool photos, I passed through Gunnedah last summer and there were lots of frogs about. The Namoi river certainly wasn't that flooded when we were there! Interesting photo of the snake + bluey - not sure what species it would be though.

One of the common frogs we got around the area was Sudell's Frog (Neobatrachus sudelli)
Neobatrachussudelliadult1.jpg

and the more colourfully patterned Rough Frog (Cyclorana verrucosa)
Cycloranaverrucosaadult1.jpg

yeah thats the frogs that were coming out of the river, cute little guys, we also have a huge gtf population here

Good on the kids for rescuing the skinks.

Crazy weather we are having around Australia, some are flooded out and others, like us in SA are still gripped by a drought...crazy.

Apparently the weather is going to be like this until March next year.... Bring it on- without the major damage to everyone of course...

My ex is living in Gunnedah, wonder how he faired up?

yeah thats the frogs that were coming out of the river, cute little guys, we also have a huge gtf population here

Yeah we got quite a few Green Tree Frog's in Gunnedah as well. Might have to head back there in the next few weeks and do some tadpoling, haven't managed to photograph the tadpoles of Neo. sudelli or C. verrucosa yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back