Habistat Digital dimming day night thermostat Problems

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firezone1au

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Has anybody else had issues with the 2015 Habistat Digital Dimming Day/Night Thermostats flickering their infrared heat globes?

I have 2 of these thermostats on 2 separate cages, they can flicker individually or both in unison. both tanks are using 100 watt infrared globes, Both tanks are set to different temps.

It always happens when they are maintaining set temps, not rising or falling temps.

Usually they only flickers for say 5 seconds then settle down again.

A few years ago I went through the same frustration with other Digital brands such as Jet, Urs & basically every Brand on the market. some were like a disco all night, some I heard were catching fire so I stop using digital, until Habistat first released a digital unit. Thought all would be good from such a reputable Brand! However these were accepted back as faulty for flickering.

Stayed away for over a year thinking the problem was resolved when I got the new updated models (Feb 2015). But Back to the same crap again.

In between digital units always used microclimate B1’s they were always excellent, however do like a unit that can run all the uv/moon lights etc without timers everywhere which they cant do. Setting rotary dial temps can be a hit and miss affair also & no separate day night temps.

Maybe I need a good slap around the head for not staying away from digital units But I can’t fathom how we can make all this fantastic technology in the world but can’t seem to make a bloody thermostat that works properly!!!
Any Comments at all are most welcome.

The new Microclimate Evo touch screens are awesome - same brand as the B1 and also come with 5 year warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back