habistat thermo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah with the worry of shipping and changing plugs im thinking the warranty is the way to go. haven't really heard anything bad about the habitat range for incubators so im sure its worth the extra money

Ironically, if you're planning on buying locally you will actually save money with the Habistats.

yeah with the worry of shipping and changing plugs im thinking the warranty is the way to go. haven't really heard anything bad about the habitat range for incubators so im sure its worth the extra money

i can buy 2 microclimate b2 thermostats for less than what i would be able to buy 1 from here in oz! and that is with shipping added... and as i said, changing the plugs is a 5 minute job! pretty good for something that will save you over 50%.

shipping takes about 5-10days.

But, its up to you, for me the savings out way the negatives! and the only negative is the warranty, but i dont usually do warranties anyway, unless its something big.

i can buy 2 microclimate b2 thermostats for less than what i would be able to buy 1 from here in oz! and that is with shipping added... and as i said, changing the plugs is a 5 minute job! pretty good for something that will save you over 50%.

shipping takes about 5-10days.

But, its up to you, for me the savings out way the negatives! and the only negative is the warranty, but i dont usually do warranties anyway, unless its something big.

Agreed. People crapping on about a warranty is crazy. Seriously who has ever claimed a warranty on a thermostat? If it stops working you buy a new one. I'm with you the savings are too good to pass up.
I'd be interested to know what people actually claim warranties on. Clock radios? Torches? Camera's? Phones? The risk of a thermostat going bad is very slim at best if used correctly. Even if you do send an Australian one back for warranty you have to pay for postage to send it back. What a pain... Last order I got 4 habistats from the UK. 3 of those are just spares :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just out of interest if you don't have a 'friend' who can send you the thermostats as a 'present' how does it work with your import taxes etc when you order from the UK.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

Just out of interest if you don't have a 'friend' who can send you the thermostats as a 'present' how does it work with your import taxes etc when you order from the UK.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

See if the shop will send it as gift lol ?

I have had a fair few problems with the microclimate B1 thermos. Would definately go with the habistat Dreaper...
Just wondering what problems have you had?

I bought a B1 from UK a while back, cost 45 pounds, $10 extension lead from bunnings cut in half, easy to convert.
Hasn't given me any problems, although it is touchy to tune right.

- - - Updated - - -

Kindest regards

Endeavour

International sellers don't care about our tax rules.
I buy heaps of stuff from overseas, and i've never had an issue.
Unless you're buying a car or something , it won't really get picked up on.
If you're worried, send me 10 bucks, i'll give it to the taxman, I promise :)

Last edited:
Fluffysnake... I lost 100's of T slings when the B1 failed to heat my commercial fridge that was set up similar to an incubator with using a heat cord... Sure they replaced the B1 but the same thing happened 6 months later and I haven't used them since... I have since changed over to Habistat and haven't had a problem in over 3 years with using the same set up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back