hairy moments of the none captivity type!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guzzo, reminds me of a story when a mate and i were out trying to catch a croc for a Steve Irwin picture. We spotted a small one in a swamp with the spot light, eyes were only a over 2 inches apart. We walked out to grab it in knee deep water. Then it turned to face us and we noticed the eyes were about 6 or 7 inches apart lol. SO we got out of the water and i've never been back in it!

Guzzo, reminds me of a story when a mate and i were out trying to catch a croc for a Steve Irwin picture. We spotted a small one in a swamp with the spot light, eyes were only a over 2 inches apart. We walked out to grab it in knee deep water. Then it turned to face us and we noticed the eyes were about 6 or 7 inches apart lol. SO we got out of the water and i've never been back in it!

I bet your old PE teacher's shouts of, "Lift your knees!" were bouncing around your head about then :D

A mate of mine was at straddie, on main beach, one day, and waded out through the first gutter to stand on the sand bank beyond it - he must have been in about above-knee deep water and 10-15m from the shoreline I guess. And next thing we just heard him scream, but he stayed standing dead still for about 10 secs, still screaming, and then absolutely bolted back to shore. I swear he walked on water getting back through the gutter :D He said he screamed when he saw the 3ft shark between him and the shore, but then had to stand still as it swam between his legs back out to sea :lol: Funny to watch when it's not you ;)

3fter? BAHAHAHAHA! What a girl, when i was growing up and fishing reefs along the shore we wouldn't get nervous until they started getting above 5ft.

I bet your old PE teacher's shouts of, "Lift your knees!" were bouncing around your head about then :D

A mate of mine was at straddie, on main beach, one day, and waded out through the first gutter to stand on the sand bank beyond it - he must have been in about above-knee deep water and 10-15m from the shoreline I guess. And next thing we just heard him scream, but he stayed standing dead still for about 10 secs, still screaming, and then absolutely bolted back to shore. I swear he walked on water getting back through the gutter :D He said he screamed when he saw the 3ft shark between him and the shore, but then had to stand still as it swam between his legs back out to sea :lol: Funny to watch when it's not you ;)

3fter? BAHAHAHAHA! What a girl, when i was growing up and fishing reefs along the shore we wouldn't get nervous until they started getting above 5ft.

I know :p I told him he should've given it a pat on it's way past, and got a VERY dirty look ;) I'm with you, I wouldn't surface from a dive unless I saw something 5ish ft ;)

Used to Visit my mate over the train tracks 5 years back, One arvo just on dusk I was going back home and We used to just crawl under the fence cause it was the easiest way. Anyway going home as i crawled under the wire I some how pinned this snake under my hand (I couldnt see because of the bad lighting and the long grass laying down) Would have been 15cm away from my Face... Anyway Some super reflex I gripped and throw it away into the long grass and I just darted. Thinking back on it now know alittle more about the types of snakes I would have to say it was alittle tree snake cause it was fairly dark and slender. Also I did see a fair few Tiapans around that place so I could be wrong and/or lucky cause its another 800m To my house from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back