Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mertle

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well, here is Hamish my first Gecko!

I got him last night from Shawn, thanks Mate!!!

He is a champ, in his new home now all safe and sound!

:D

Attachments

• Hamish.jpg
    Hamish.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 176
wow he is gorgeous. i am considering getting a gecko. they are quite facinating little creatures arnt they.

i had a pair of marbles about two years ago, i went away for the hoidays with my friends and when i came home they were gone and the cage wasnt shut properly..... hopefully for their sake they got outside safely... i did have a bit of relief when i found a baby one in my dads bathroom a few months ago ( who lives a good 5 kms away) so they obviosly live in the area quite happily.

xx

Hamish looks boootifull =)
here's mine, having a look out of her cage =)

Attachments

• bell2.jpg
    bell2.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
gee all of you have awsome geckos
I GOTTA GET ME WANNA THOSE

No probs Kerri, its good to know that he has gone to a good home!

My female is currently 5weeks Gravid! Should lay soon!

Tsidasa- what are the going prices for the Mil's in WA?

-Shawn

Great pics guys, love the one of little Hamish……..

Chanty79 I hope that my Barking Pair will create mixed colour phases. My Male is a standard colour Thick Tail and my female looks like Hamish here. Your Geckos are also very impressive.

I hope that hatchlings will be a sort of mixed variation. I will be recieving my Castelnaui Male soon, just gotta send the $$$$.

Kerri, any thing else, just ask!
Shawn

He is just soo cute!

I am thinking of getting him a girlfriend, will see how I go with him for a while first!

He's gorgeous!!! I realllllllllllly want one - since I live in a townhouse now I have wild gecko withdrawals... but my partner really loves dragons - as we disagree as to which to get - so we have no lizards at all yet. One day when we have room we'll have both of course - I'll talk him into geckos eventually ;)
When I do I'll be pestering you all for advice! :)
Hamish Rocks!!! well done Kerri :)

Last edited:
TX-lll - Who were you? Did we meet? Not to be rude or anything but I am a bit onfused to whoi you are.

Are you interested in U.Milii offspring?

-Shawn

Hey Shawn

TX-III is Matt, the fella that goes with me to the meetings, you know him, he sits with us. :D

I think he may be interested in some geckos too, I know alot of people are now they have seen Hamish!

My nephew wants one but I have told him he has to help look after Hamish first so he knows what he is doing. He's 11 and just loves the snakes and beardie I have already.

yep thats me, we have met at this meeting and the last one....
i spent most of this meeting with laura and her md, i think u left before she got him out.

and yes, very interested in your (well your geckos) offspring!

a pair would be nice... is there a price difference in males and females like there is in woma and blackhead etc snakes?

how long do geckos eggs take to incubate?

can pm me if you like,
cheers!

Matt

There is a considerable difference between Male and Female Gecko prices. Due to Females of most species being more sought after as people just figure that they can create trios rather than sell an excess female, this makes the price go higher.

Male U.Milii- $70-$80
Female U.Milii- $100-$130 (maybe even more)

Obviously prices depend on colour, age, health etc.

It is practically impossible to tell sexes from hatchling Geckos. Though, People have said that a large number of clutches do end up resulting in a 1.1 ratio in hatchlings.

Once a pair have successfully mated, It takes around 4-6 weeks for the eggs to actually be laid. 4 weeks for the smaller species (Diplo's, Gehyra etc), 5 weeks for medium sized (Underwoodisaurus, Nephrurus, Phyllurus etc) and 6 weeks for the larger species (Saltuarius, Oedura, Cyrto's etc). If incubated appropriately at a nice set temp, eggs will take (U.Milii) around 6-8 weeks.

Shawn

Sorry Kerri,

Tell your nephew to save up his pennies ($) for a tank and a Gecko, do his research and then we can talk.

Provided I can incubate them properly.

Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back