Handy Hint?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lutzd

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
It's completely up to you, of course, but I've noticed that several users have included their email address in posts in the forums.

There are nasty-type people out there who run programs which search through public forums looking for email address. Once they have yours, it doesn't take long before lots and lots of spam and virus-infected emails start rolling up in your inbox.

If you want to include your email address, I suggest you change it in such a manner that people will still recognise your email address, but the spam programs won't.

Example : username @ hotmail.com or [email protected]. It is fairly obvious to the reader that they need to remove the spaces or "nospam" when they write to you.

There are other methods, but these are probably the simplest.

As I said, it's completely up to you whether you do this or not. For all I know you might LIKE spam, in which case, forget I spoke! :D

What about if we here on APS use APS infront each e-mail.
LIke,,,, apsslateman.com.au
We all will know it and it is different.

fuscus is right better to not leave email addy's on public forums, if everyone has 'nospam' or something like that they will figure it out eventually, there are already programs out there that look for this sort of thing in email addys anyway, so it's better to just keep it empty

Point taken, Fuscus & Soulweaver! Better to PM your email address.

lutzd, can u make the email private and only to members, or are the people doin this members?

Handy hint. If you break some glass use soft white bread to pick it up.

Being Earthmother - I think it's the best use for non wholemeal white death bread. 8)

Bluey, your email address is safe ..... unless YOU post it in a message.

cwarren72 : Not so much of the "OLD", thank you very much! :-( :wink:

cwarren72 : Not so much of the "OLD", thank you very much! :-( :wink:[/quote]

:lol: I think its the hair style Dave, why not try a Donald trump look, you young go-getter! LOl :lol:

LOL Alan, did you see that idiot on "stupid behaviour caught on tape" last night? sets himself on fire and rides a pushbike off the top of a toilet block. had to be put out by police using an otto bin full of water. Darwin contender for sure! :lol:

instar said:
:lol: I think its the hair style Dave, why not try a Donald trump look, you young go-getter! LOl :lol:

What is this???? Gang up on David week??? :evil:

Nah, can't do the Donald Trump look - if I combed it forward, it'd show the balding spot on the back!!! :oops: :x :? :cry:

you can have a hair transplant
i'll be the donnor
you will look good as a blonde!!!!

I'm sure Adam (SJ) will get around to it. In the meantime, you can always use the email function (see email button at the bottom of each post).

For those of you who have never used it, this is a convenient way to email another member. You don't have to hunt through the user list to find the email address.

The email will contain your username and your email address, but you will not see their email address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back