Happy New Year <SHOCK!!!>

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 270

Reaction score
While some of you were jumping out of bed to greet the new year, and some of you were staggering to the kitchen looking for a strong brew and some pain killers, I was greeted by what's in the pics below.

I didn't know that Chillie (my Childreni) was even coming up to a shed. I didn't see any milky eyes. In fact, I even had her out on the carpet on friday playing with her. No wonder she took her time eating her 2 pinkies Wednesday night.

This is Chillie's first shed in my care.

Hey wombat. My guess is that you keep the sheds so that you can compare sizes. I know I certainly did.

Wow, what a wonderful start to the new year! :D Congratulations! :D

No mate. I did measure the bits to work out the rough total length of the shed. Then recorded it on my other computer.

This is my first attempt at attaching pics and they should have been in reverse order.

The only stupid question is the question that is not asked.

I dispose of mine.

throwingawaysloughsApril162005.jpg

peterjohnson64 said:
What amazed me was how much longer they are than the snake.

Chillie won't let me stretch her out along a tape measure and she's too wriggly at the moment to use string to measure her. I'll wait until I have her out on the carpet next time.

Hey Sdaji, if they made wigs for scaleless snakes out of sheds you would be a millionaire!!! (And I apologise iof you already are - maybe then you'd be a billionnaire!!!)

Sdaji said:
I dispose of mine.

throwingawaysloughsApril162005.jpg

Sdaji, if you put one of those bins outside both your front and back doors, you wont have any problems with burglars. :lol:

Good point wombat. But then again.... he may have a bigger propblem. Lots of herps get stolen. I have bought reptiles of people who will only give me their name and licence number. We meet in a carpark and exchange pleasantries.

I even sent an email to a breeder in Adelaide when I was there recently to ask if I could have a visit. No reply. People are quite scared of advertising their her collections. And I bet Sdaji's is an absolute ripper!!!

Yeah, I take your point there Peter. Afro even suggested that we meet just outside Horsham. But I had a lot of question and thought that it would be too rushed by doing it that way. I ended up going to his place and it all turned out good.

Back to the original post. There was about 10 mm of skin caught on the snake's tail by 2 - 3 mm. A quick phone call to Afro solved the problem.

While I was typing the last paragraph, I looked accross at Chillie's tub and saw her drinking for the first time. :D

From what I have seen on this site I can't imagine Afro doing anything but what he did. I bet if he got my email I would have been there the very next day.

He was talking about going to The Big Desert. He would need to go through Horsham on the way there.

If only the people on the bus and train new that there was a snake close to them when I was coming home from Melbourne. :shock: :lol:

Congrats on the shed Wombat! A nice way to start the new year. I recently took a tub of meal worms to the cinema with me. They didn't have much of an opinion on the movie though, hehehe!

Sdaji that is impressive. Wombat, equally impressive. Chillie's sister Milli looks like she may have a shed soon.

I had no idea that Chillie was coming up to a shed. I didn't see any milky eyes. Afro said that hatchies eyes are milky for only 2 hours sometimes.

Cheers,
Wombat.

The only stupid question is the question that is not asked.[/quote]

The comment under your name is so true. That' excactlt what I keep teling my kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back