hatchie heating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bdav70

Hi guys,
I'm quite confused on heating for my hatchie setup.

A friend recommended the 20watt "aussie sun" heat mats from the herp shop (link:Heating) however I have seen posts saying they (or similar looking ones) are notorious for failing miserably.

My question is, what is the best option I should can go for in terms of heating for a stimmie hatchling in a 7l sistema tub?

I am very familiar with all the setup and maintenance of heating (right temps, thermal gradient, checking temps regularly, etc.) and the use of a good thermostat but am just confused of late about the hardware I should be investing in.

Any help would be much appreciated as I try to get the enclosure set up nice and early awaiting the arrival of the new little guy.

Hi guys,
I'm quite confused on heating for my hatchie setup.

A friend recommended the 20watt "aussie sun" heat mats from the herp shop (link:Heating) however I have seen posts saying they (or similar looking ones) are notorious for failing miserably.

My question is, what is the best option I should can go for in terms of heating for a stimmie hatchling in a 7l sistema tub?

I am very familiar with all the setup and maintenance of heating (right temps, thermal gradient, checking temps regularly, etc.) and the use of a good thermostat but am just confused of late about the hardware I should be investing in.

Any help would be much appreciated as I try to get the enclosure set up nice and early awaiting the arrival of the new little guy.

I personally wouldnt use the green mats due to seeing some posts, I have used the black and clear mats for 3 years with no issues. If you can though I would go a heat cord wound under a tile so when it comes time for a larger tub you can unravel it slowly to grow with the enclosure size and you wont be buying new heating every year as a thermostat will controll the temp just keep even spacing

Exo Terra have so great heat mats I use them and I think they're great, the best terms of heating a Stimson's Python in a 7L tub are through a heat mat connected to a thermostat or heat cord just make sure what ever u chose u only have it on 1/3 of the bottom of the tub to have an appropriate thermal gradient, the Microclimate B1 Dimming Thermostat are extremely good, I'm using one and find there great, always reading the correct temperature.

thanks kitten_phoenix. a quick google and i find myself on the victorian reptiles page. 15watts, 4m ($20). Does that sound like the type of thing i should be looking at for the type of setup you are referring to?

- - - Updated - - -

Exo Terra have so great heat mats I use them and I think they're great

Thanks for the info! I had seen the exoterra stuff around, seems pretty reputable. much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back