hatchling lighting :S

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

contos

Reaction score
the breeder that i just bought my pygmy bearded dragon hatchling of higly recommended that a 10.0 uvb light was wayyy too strong and that it virtually blinds all bearded dragons. is this true? also is it necessary to have a uva light on with the uvb or is the uvb light enough because the uva emits a whole lot of light and my hatchling closes his eyes alot.
thanks guys

Ive only got a 5.0 and its fine a 10.0 would be alright as well just so long as it isnt too close to somewhere he could get up and be within 15cm of it, BTW where did who did you get him from

Just as a note... If you use a UVB light, it will also emit UVA (different light spectrums, UVB is further down the spectrum so if you have UVB, you must also have UVA). Thus you won't need to run the UVB light and the UVA, because the UVA is just wasting your power :)

Never had a beardie before, but I'm pretty sure that the 10.0 would be fine provided he/she can't get too close to it, as reptile fan said :)

i got him off this guy called jerry in burwood. good guy seemed to know his stuff.
thanks for clearing up that uva problem i had no clue what it was and my dads been complaining i use to much power :S
thanks heaps for that

just got mine from him he knows his stuff ive gotten my bluetounge and my frogs of him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back