Hatchling Question (+Levis)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mighty_Moose

Reaction score
Hey everyone.
Now I have only recently got my first geckos (2 levis levis) and I'm planning on getting a few females from the expo. BUT I have always had a little fancy for Thick Tails. My question was what size tub would a thick tail hatchling fit in ? I was going to set it up and test it out before the Illawarra expo as I will be looking for one then. ( I have a 2 ft enclosure waiting for when it grows up if need be)

Click Clack Tub
33cm W x 22xm D x 10cm H

And was also wondering what temp would I need to heat them.. My room has an ambient temp of 25-26 degrees (can get warmer if positioned on my bearded dragon enclosure). If I need to heat that is fine but i've read that I won't need to depending on the ambient.

I will be using Washed Sydney Sand (recommended for play pits etc) and Pvc pipes for hides.. (Also wanted to know if that is ok to use with Levis Levis and didn't want to start a WHOLE new thread about it)

Am I missing anything and if my enclosure is wrong please tell me and If I need to put off getting one I'll have no problem with that. I've tried to give as much info as possible but if I've missed something please tell me I'm always ready to learn.

(I also have Caring for Australian reptiles to help me along the way.)

p.s I have a pic of the exact sand but its not uploading so as soon as possible I will upload.

Thanks, Zac.

Here is the sand in question.

I will be putting air holes in the top with a soldering iron.

Attachments

• IMG_0262.jpg
    IMG_0262.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0267.jpg
    IMG_0267.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0268.jpg
    IMG_0268.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Status