Have your snakes ever made you sick ??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You might find you have pinkeye (common when the eyeball meets faecal matter) lol.

What are you doing letting it slither around your face. ?

LOL

Whatever floats your boat I suppose. Ha ha.

Perhaps you could be slightly allergic like people are allergic to cats and dogs. Your face an neck are a sensitive part. But really who knows!

Man, now you've gone and done it. I simply cannot get the urge to lick my snake out of my head. It's sitting in there saying "you know you want to know what it feels like".
I agree on the allergy part. If it wasn't your EYE and SIGHT we were dealing with, I'd suggest giving it a third go to see if you get the same reaction, but don't. You might go blind and that would be less than fantastic.

SALMONELLA OF THE EYE BALL !!!!

i don't wash my hands after herp handling as often as i should. the same goes with dogs tho... and how many children share their ice creams with dogs..

I would love a $1 for every time my dog managed to stick her tongue in my mouth when i have yawned etc, lol
no matter how many times i cut crook she keeps doing it!
never had a snake around my face either, well not yet ... cant wait until its big enough to do that tho.

no i've licked a snake before, dont ask why. not got sick. good luck with the sty.

lol same and everytime i get one of my favourites out they get a peck lol

Anyway back on topic i haven't had a snake go over my eyes, round my head yes, when i got my first his favourite spot was either wrapped in my hair when it was tied up (hair that is) or wrapped around my bra strap sitting on my shoulder.

I do though get eyes issues from time to time and after a trip to emergency no longer handle the mice as even after washing my hands i touched my eye and it instantly swelling up so much my eye was open but it looked closed and really hurt. So my guess is there was something minute on the snakes skin that has caused a reaction to your eye or something has gotten into your eye and caused a blocked tear duct. You can use some eye drops to ease the discomfort ask your pharmacist which ones to use or wipes your eye a few times a day with saline or salt water.

chances are u got a sty, and then u passed it on to the other eye, do u wear make up? mascara eyeliner etc?

i oftenly eat meals with my snake wraped around my neck, and she is always crawling around my face and what not. sometimes (as renagade said dont ask why) i'll hold onto her with my mouth for a few seconds, still... nothing.

i think it was just a coincidence to be honest.

I've seen people kiss snakes countless times. I've seen people lick them, I've seen people get drunk and spend all night kissing and licking them, and more (I'm not getting into details :shock: ). I've seen people drink out of their water bowls. I don't know of anyone getting sick from snake cooties.

Venomous ones can make you sick of course, but I'm guessing that's not what you're interested in.

See, you just dont know until you've licked one... tempting isn't it??? yearlings are my favorite... pythons of course.

well like i was saying if u use makeup products if u are using say mascara on the infected eye then go use it on the other eye u can spread it or if u rub the infected eye then the other eye

they are able to be spread, u wouldnt have got it from a snake, maby a friend if u shared make up or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back