Heating regimes for Macs and Olives

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My Mac and Olive will be approaching the yearling mark around this summer.
At that age I want to start cycling their heating rather than giving them 24hr.
I was wanting to know what day and night, and seasonal temps others use.

Looking forward to lots of replies,

Cheers,
Nic :)

In summer i set most of my snake thermostats at about 30C daytime and at night just turn them off all together, it gets down to about 25C in the cages
Winter depends on species and breeding.

For your little guys you could just turn down their stats a few degrees at night and then turn them back up in the morning, i wouldn't worry to much about exact temps at their age.

Be careful not to let them get to cold after a meal cause they will regurgitate it, not that it does too much but it's not nice.

Thanks Noone, I appreciate your response.

I could just go 5deg lower at night, but would like to know more.
I would still like to hear from anyone who keeps these particular species and feels strongly about the absolute ideal day and night temps and seasonal rotations. Please be as specific as you can. I'm keen to hear all.

BTW It doesn't usually get cold enough in the flat for them to regurg, so that is ok.
Even in the middle of winter I don't think it got below 18, right now it is more like 21-22, and last summer I noticed ambient temps of 27 even. The minimum temps are only for a few hours as the enclosures are slow to cool. I know they need a minimum of 22 to digest, so all is well here, thanks again. Much appreciated :)

al my inside reptiles are kept at 30 degrees day and 20 degrees night

With my macs and olives (and most of my snakes) i just turn off the heat at night in summer and the coldest it gets is about 22 but more around 25C
The best thing you can do for temps is look at where the animal comes from and then get on a weather site and find out min temps for that general area, 30C is a good daytime temp not to hot, not to cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back