Hello All

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

Reaction score
Hello All.

This is my first posting here. I am just getting into snakes and am looking for information.

I have now got the licence and am looking at an enclosure for children’s pythons. Rather than buying a ready made and expensive one I am wishing to build one. Is there any particular size or design required for this type of snake?

I wish buy my snake as locally as possible, so are there any breeders in the Mackay / Central Queensland area?

Are female or male snakes better pets? Which are easer to look after and a more placid pet?

Which heat sources are better? E.g. heating from above or below? How much light and how intense should the light be?

The reason I ask all this is that, after visiting the local pet shop I am more confused and convinced they are trying to sell me a lot of very expensive and possible unnecessary gear and the local library had very limited info.

I am sure many more questions will be asked by me so please bear with me as I learn to truly enjoy these remarkable little critters.

Barry :?

Hey Barry and Welcome :D

I'm sure there are plenty of peeps on here that will be able to help you out with the info that you need.

In my experience most (not all) pet shops are over priced, alot of the time you can buy the same products online a a lot cheaper prices.

Anyways... good luck

Cheers,
Ishka

Hey Bazza , welcome , my advice would be to find a local breeder maybe on this site and contact them and ask if your could visit them to see their setups and to ask Questions then and there.I did this in Melb and the breeder was brilliant and nothing was too much trouble for him .
Regards Cracks

Ahhk its just i ahve a Mate that lives up there and his names barry Havent met him for ages../......

Does any one know of a snake breeder in Mackay Queensland??

gday bazza welcome dont no any breeders up there but it is easu enouugh for someone to freight one to you ;)

snake-eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back