Hello Everyone, we recently moved to acreage near Murwillumbah NSW

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moon888

Moon888
Reaction score
Recently we moved to acreage near Murbah, and our first encounter with a snake was viewing a 2m carpet snake with full belly, sunning itself near the house. A few of us have seen a carpet snake hanging off the gutter near the front, and back doors, we have also seen a snake skin in the bougainvillea bush near the gutters. We have heard slithering across the ceiling at night. Today I had my keets in a cage, sunning on the deck at the back. My husband called me to look up to the gutter, and it was hanging over the keets cage. We also have chooks, ducks and peacocks still caged up (being homed), and will be releasing them in a few months time. We viewed a large goanna a few weeks ago too. Having pythons and large goannas on the property is a concern. Has anyone successfully deterred pythons from getting into a tin roof (cavity)? Looking forward to hearing your stories, and possible solutions. Thanks in advance : )

there isn't much you can do about pythons getting in your roof, they seem to get in everywhere, unless you put mouse wire everywhere and I do mean everywhere. As for the lacies, then expect to lose a few birds here and there unless you lock up in very tough cages

Makes good sense thanks : )
there isn't much you can do about pythons getting in your roof, they seem to get in everywhere, unless you put mouse wire everywhere and I do mean everywhere. As for the lacies, then expect to lose a few birds here and there unless you lock up in very tough cages

Back