Hello Froggy lovers.. I found a Frog

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

earthmother

Reaction score
Well, 2 actually.

Hello!
I thought you'd like to see the Frogs that have recently come to visit. And maybe tell me what they are.
I knew you would. :) Thanks.

I have another question; What frog makes a sound like a dripping tap. Because I think we have a pond full of its tadpoles. :D

George looks like litoria chloris to me (red eye treefrog). could be fallax though by the middle pic, dam,n hard to tell from pics.
top pic looks like cearulea though (common GTF) How lucky to have these nice critters local to you, I must come visit! :D

No idea (as i know nothin about frogs) but GREAT PICS! love that third one!

The top pic is a L. cearulea, and the other two shots look like they would either be a L. chloris or L. gracilenta. My moneys on gracilenta!
-Henry

Haha Tourett, you're so clever.
Pugsley, that was such a fluke. But I like how you can see his nose shape and eyes again and again.lol.
Yes Inny, many more froggies! Come and see!!! and Ash and others, you're invited. :)

So the big one is a normal green tree frog? I didn't know they had spots!

The one you described as 'gracilenta' Henry. Are they called Delicates?
This was very small, probably about 3cms. And it looked like a leaf on the window.

Hey Dicco, I'll take a pic of the tadpoles, Can you tell from a tadpole what they will be?

Yup Em gracilenta are call delicates or daintys, if it was that small it prolly was, very cute lil frogggy! :D

The top is pic is a normal GTF (L. caerulea) but George is a bit hard to tell from those pics. If the skin over the ear is granular it is a Dainty (L. gracilenta) or if the skin is smooth it is a RETF (L. chloris)

As for tadpoles, Marion Anstis has put out a great book called Tadpoles of South-Eastern Australiawith keys to identify tadpoles.
I would guess the tap dripping noise belongs to the striped marsh frog (Limnodynastes peronii) which is still common on the east coast.

Nice pics too.

Looks like the top one is eyeing some tucker!!!

Earthmother you are soooo lucky to find those in your garden/yard!!! :D they are so beautiful!

While having lunch with Daavid during the day today I asked him about your question re: the dripping tap..he said 'Pobblebonk...' :wink:

Snakeman, don't you like the sound of your GTF's? :) Even though it is usually about 4 or 5AM when they begin to croak, it puts a smile on my face..

Cheers, Judy

i dont mind the noise as ive been around it for a long time,but its funny when i get a visitor,,ive seem some strange reactions to it,,and not in the morning but usually when the voices in the lounge are getting louder, or the music is on (they seem to like spiderbait) the guys seem to want to join in,,,,but its not a pretty noise thats for sure

I thought fallax at first too (I've seen them in your area), but I have to admit that it is most likely gracilenta.

:p

Hix

ssssnakeman said:
i wish my gtf's sounded as cute as those ones though,lol
baz

I love the sound of my Green Tree Frog. The strangest things set him off, like filling the cats plastic bowl up with cat bikkies, and sawing wood. He loves to sing along to music too. Hehe

When I first got him, the sound used to bother me, as I didn't realise it was him for a long time and was searching everywhere for the source, naturally he shut up when I came near. :p

LOl, mine wont shutup if i play music either, sometimes annoying but i love em! :D

Great stuff, heaps of caracter....i'll go for L. chloris, the moeve? colour on the inner legs, have never seen a L gracilenta with it...may be just the photo...Pobblebonk, is not a bad guess...it's good to see you have a healthy population around your yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back