help a newbie please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

christian11

Reaction score
Hello,

Found this site!!!...what a find!!
My crazy son (5 years old) is an animal lover and has been nagging at me
to get a bearded dragon. I have very little knowledge about these guys apart from
the fact that we need a licence.

1. How do we get a licence?
2. Where in Sydney can we find bearded dragons? (Live in Sans Souci-St George area)
3. I will keep reading what people are advising about keeping bearded dragons

cheers
Anthony

Not sure where in sydney u can buy dragons, im in qld lol.. most pet shops sell a range of reptiles these days so check out a few in you area.
Not sure what happens with your licence in nsw but in qld we go to our local environmental agency to get the forms and apply.
Some pet shops here have forms handy...

Check out NSW government wildlife website it may lead u in the right direction for an office near you..

hope i helped

1) download a licence form from national parks website http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/wildlifelicences/ReptileKeepersLicence.htm
2) have a look in the for sale section here or put up a wanted to buy ad, hatchie season is upon us, so by the time your licence arrives there should be plenty about, i have a second clutch due in a few weeks, but im on the other side of Sydney
3) read as much as you can and have your tank set up and running. Make sure temps are correct etc before purchasing a hatchie.

contact Rocky from this site. he has beardies for sale atm and more eggs due to hatch in the next feed weeks. http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/wi...ersLicence.htm you can get the licence form from that site and sent it away with money. it will take around 3 weeks for them to send the licence to you. or you could go to their office which i think is at hurstville. might be alittle quicker that way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back