HELP!? Bluetongue!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just thought id let everyone know who was concerned about the little guy, that i woke up this morning and he was dead :cry:

whatever happened to him, he didnt make it through. so devistated about it. he was running around all active and happy all day up until the incident.

RIP little buddy <3

just thought id let everyone know who was concerned about the little guy, that i woke up this morning and he was dead :cry:

whatever happened to him, he didnt make it through. so devistated about it. he was running around all active and happy all day up until the incident.

RIP little buddy <3
very sad indeed ..and very strange to ...poor little thing ...

Yes, MBD is a gradual thing. In an older thread on the matter, JasonL gave advice as to what to do:

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/general-herps-42/funny-dragons-please-help-110203

However, a vet is best to confirm and treat.

That advise is for an animal that has clearly eaten too much and has pressure on it's spine, this case looks very different... I would say it's the onset of MBD and it's spine isn't forming properly and is pinching the spinal column somewhere...

i have been following this thread for a while.
i am so so sorry for your loss :(

rip little guy <3

damn i am so sorry to hear that mate... Will it still be getting looked ast by someone to find out what was wrong ?

spinal issue of some sort,possably injured from trying to climb the side of its enclosure,they bend there backs pretty bad juvie blueys and commonly injure them selves,normally it doesnt do what yours looks to have done,normally they end up with a divet in there back just before the back legs,but they can still move round ok,id suggest its vet time for that lil fella

JasonL said:
I would say it's the onset of MBD and it's spine isn't forming properly and is pinching the spinal column somewhere...

Would this happen as quickly as it appeared to in this case?

absinthe, will you be getting a necropsy done to clarify what happened to it?

Sorry to hear that Absinthe, have been keeping tabs on this thread, poor little guy.

Would this happen as quickly as it appeared to in this case?

QUOTE]

A bit like someone who slips a disc whilst moving something heavy ect... the pain and disability is instant, though for death to be so quick there may of been more at play here than "just" a spinal problem..

no, i wont be getting any further examination done. my pockets are empty. he chose a great time to hurt himself. *laughs dryly*

thanks for your condolences everyone. its nice to know im not the only one upset about his death. my boyfriend was upset for me, but he obviously wasnt distraught about the fact he had died at all :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back