help dinted eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hugo1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Help, 3 week old beardie eggs are dinted. Went a couple days with low humidity (still had some moisture on lid but not much) and so I added water, sprayed eggs lightly. No improvement over 2 days. I do have some holes in lid (I've read some do this and some have none). I've posted this thread in the general herps section but realised it it better put here as I need some advice. Any ideas on what I can do or is it too late? Cheers.

its only too late when they start going green or yellow and start to stink. have you candled them? is there vaines? I have a coastal egg thats dinted and is still alive its almost ready to hatch too. it wight be too wet in the tub do you have any pic's you could post of the eggs being dinted and what type of method are you using?

eggs

thanks for your reply. I'm fairly new on this site and haven't successfully figured out how to attach photos. I didn't hold them up to a light, I just thought I'd try the incubation and see how they went. After having limited success with a styrophome box, I've got them floating in an aquarium, in a chinese food container, in vermiculite. I stared with the 1 to 1 ratio of water and have wiped the lid a couple of times and then it went a bit dryer. The temp is holding beautifully but I regretably did not put a humidity probe in. I'll take some photos if you can tell me an easy way to get them to this site. Cheers, Helen.

Dinted eggs.
tn_49dayoldeggs001.jpg

These are just about to hatch, which is normal but these eggs dinted quite abit much before they were ready to hatch. Some had dinted a fair bit by about 3 weeks. You may have nothing to worry about.

mine look like that too

yep, mine look just like that. Thanks, I'll keep them going regardless and will hold them up to the light to see if they are alive tomorrow. But I thought they should not be rotated at this stage? If I hold them up then won't I be disturbing them, or is this okay, so long as top is still up when I put them back. Cheers.

your best to put a small torch on the eggs to candle them and not risk disturbing them by lifting them up to a light

They shouldn't be that dinted this far in, allthough I think I had one that was about that dinted at three weeks, but only one from the entire clutch and it was the top one. I'd keep them going yes, I had a egg laid away from the clutch with another slug that looked infertile, I kept it and a week or so later it's defintley fertile, so anything can happen.

thanks for all your replies, I'll keep my fingers crossed. I can't believe how nerve racking it is! I've had three kids and I don't remember being this fussed!! Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back