HELP-Green Tree Snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi I got a new green tree snake and it is very young but I can not get any feeder fish at the time and it wont eat the pinkie mice can anyone help me please i would really appreciate it??

Mate it's a difficult one. Couple things to try that work for me.. Scenting the pinky with a skink.. Don't kill the skink just rub them together till the smell is sufficiently on and let the skink go... (I might get crucified for suggesting that though)

Depending how your housing him at the moment Another thing that works great with mine is having critters crumble as substrate or something similar and a hide on the ground. Wait till he's in his hide and bounce and rustle the pinky up and down at the opening of the hide. My snakes can't resist striking when the substrate rustles!

Hope something works!

Go to your local petshop and buy some 'pet' goldfish...I know ours has 12 for $10 :p.....lol just kidding!

I am with greggles. Try scenting with skink or even go out and buy a nice piece of fish(Or a fish) from a seafood market or a fresh food store and rub the pinky over that (May not want to eat the fish after though mate, haha). Should give enough fish scent on the pinky for the snake to register it as a fish?
IDK, I have never had any experience with GTSs....Good luck mate!

Go back to the previous owner for help. Good luck

Get a small bait pot. Go to a little creek or a pond, basically any water course. Put the pot in and catch yourself some little fish. Take the fish home and feed them to your snake. You don't need to stress about any aquarium chemicals or treatments poisoning your snake.
Cheers Cameron

try small guppies or catch some from a dam/creek and put them in a fishtank for a few days then feed, or you could use platy's and small goldfish i get feeder goldffish around here..or get some tuna/sardine oil rub it on a pinkie or mouse/rat tail or if you are experienced he could tyr to assit feed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back