!!!help needed and fast!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xJACKx

Reaction score
i have 2 velvets and the other night my lid was slightly open and one escaped i am soo sad about it and am wondering if anyone has any advice on catching it or anything alot of people have told me theirs have escaped and they have found them weeks sometimes months later. any help is appreciated :(

sorry to hear :(
they are very hard to find, but they seem attracted to bathrooms?, i lost 2 and found them both in the bathroom a week later, (seperate occasions) same with a mate of mine... odd., id thought the smell would keep them out, not be attracted :shock:
hope you find it!

keep a plastic container or two around the house cos they'll just show up and you'll need it fast.

guys thanks very much thought id be getting hate messages any help is appreciated so thanks :)

i also have a bynoe (the one in dp) would it be okay to put my bynoe with the velvet the velvet is only bout 3 cm longer.

i know how you feel dont worry :p
i used to stress heaps on them escaping, i had this thing with my geckos, i used to check the sliding doors i had on there every 3 seconds and just stare at it .. incased it moved ... this happened for about 2 hours b4 bed :lol:
and another time, i always shut lids hard for inverts, incase they escape... once i pressed to hard and the container broke and the pede came running out under my schoolbooks :shock:
haha,
hope you find it.. was it a hatchie ?

Where was the enclosure located? In a shed? In what room in the house?

If the geckoes have equal snout-vent lengths I would put them together. However, if there is any chance one could make a meal of the other, I would not risk it. Without being able to visually compare them I would not be prepared to make a judgment.

Blue

Keep walking around the house and yard and looking on walls, gutter, etc each night with a torch preferably a headtorch to get better eye shine. I lost 2 Gehyra and one was found 2 months later in the bathroom the other 4 months later out underneat the guttering, after that took nearly an hour to catch each, but thats mostly cause they are Gehyra. :p If you live in the city (I live out in the bush), ask your neighbours to look out for it on their walls. It is not likely to go to far but one house over is no problem.

they were in my beddroom and im thinking and hoping they havnt got outside i will post photos of the two i want to put together shortly.

In my experience, most reptiles duck into the first available hide spot near their enclosure when they escape and hole up there for a while before looking for something better. Check around the enclosure itself and then do an ever-widening circle in your search. Don't be surprised if they're under/between/behind the enclosures themselves.

Our wild geckoes live in the bathroom,the shower recess to be exact.so i would keep an eye on bathroom walls,nooks n crannys,etc.I hope you find the little bugger.

In my experience, most reptiles duck into the first available hide spot near their enclosure when they escape and hole up there for a while before looking for something better. Check around the enclosure itself and then do an ever-widening circle in your search. Don't be surprised if they're under/between/behind the enclosures themselves.

Same here. On three occasions I've had an adult marm escape (got between the sliding glass twice before I figured it out, and once I left the enclosure open) and two of the three occasions, he was ON his own enclosure, just behind it on the back wall either several hours later or the next day. And once he made it to the next room, my bedroom under the bed in a tight spot amongst some books.

I don't think housing the different species of geckoes together is a great idea though. It would surely introduce stress to the animals (maybe one of the gecko experts could confirm or deny this) at the very least. Good luck with your search!

my coastal got out two weeks ago. i first thing i did was tear the place apart for hours searching. the next day i ended up finding him inside a stereo speaker just inches away from the open cage door he was there the whole time while im searching just metres away. What im trying to say is start from where it got out. think as if you were a snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back