Help Please!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dicco

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I'm really worried about the Lined Earless Dragon I recently purchased, he was doing fine at first, but one day I came home and he was in the water container, just floating with his head above the water and surrounded by foam/bubbles. After I took him out I gave him a cricket and kept an eye on him. But for the past 4 days he has lost condition, he is no longer active, and will rarely move during the day, he usually only reacts to being handled but sometimes even ignores that. I have been force feeding him crickets but half the time he spits them out, and no longer enthusiactivelty chases the moths and ants that are outside the tank. He isn't getting enough food to keep going. Please only reply if you actually have any idea what the problem my be.

I think the problem is most likely worms. Dragons dont often show the typical symptoms of worm infestations, that is they dont regurgitate meals covered in worms like snakes do. Usually they just die and perhaps a day later all the worms are trying to get out of their dead host via the mouth. Even if you're feeding it disease free foods worms can still occur. I suggest you give your dragon a dose of Panacur directly. Dont inject it into food just squirt it straight down the dragons throat.

Other possibilities may be lack of UV light or insufficient heat.

Also the foam/bubbles are actually the dragons saliva which has come out the mouth and into the water.

Good luck,
Regards serpenttongue.

Thank you very much Serpenttongue, I'll get some Panacur Tomorrow afternoon, would it be wise to give a dose to the other dragons that share it's tank? I have a 'Oz Bright' UV and Heat lamp so heating/lighting shouldn't be a problem. Once again thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back