Help with Poor Condition

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buck

Reaction score
I just got a trio of Central Netted Dragons on friday afternoon. They came from a well known supplier/breeder in Victoria, who in turn got them from someone else. All three animals are in quite poor condition and the supplier has told me that he has told his supplier that there is to be an arrangement where if there are any deaths he is to replace them. That aside does anyone know of any tips to help lizards regain condition, besides a normal feeding routine. These guys are pretty much literally skin and bone.
Also considering that we are starting to approach the cooler weather would we you guys recommend in regards to cooling them? I'm really in two minds whether to cool them or not.

Mick

I wudn't cool them. are the bad feeders? if not i wud be pusshing a bit more food then usual onto them to make them gain condition back.

Put the heat up to 40 at the hot end and feed as much as they'll take, and give them privacy.

They fed really well friday afternoon/night but haven't been interested the last two days.This could be due to the fact that I have been trying to feed at 6:30-7pm when i get home from work. I am off tomorrow so will see if they will take some food earlier in the day.
Will also try and get some pics tomorrow.

I feed mine first thing in the morning after misting them. Make sure they're water dish is big enough for them to lay in. My male lays in the water to drink. Whack the heat up like Dicco said and apart from a mist and throwing in some food, leave them be.

Sorry for your loss buck.

Next time,
Rep-cal juvie bearded dragon pellets crushed to powder, add apple juice to make it into a paste, then force feed with a syringe twice a day. Worked for me with beardies, so i reckon it would work for netteds too.

Sorry to hear about that, Get the other two to good herp vet asap. :(

The other two are in a much better condition. This one was in the poorer condition of the three and I think it was probably too far gone.

In short yes.

The breeder/supplier that I got them from was disgusted with their condition when he recieved them and told his supplier that if anything were to happen they would be replaced.

Like dicco said buck, get them onto heat. Central netteds love hot spots of 40+ degrees as long as they have a cool end of about 28-30. Pump them full of woodies to start of with as they love live food and give them as much as they want to eat as well as offering them chopped vegies. So keep them hot and give them an endless supply of food and they should pick up.

Sorry for your fist loss, it sucks.

Freshly moulted mealworms.
Nice hot spot.
Mist regularly, maybe even put them in a tub to soak once a day.
Freshly moulted woodies.
Or force feeding with a syringe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back