Help with turtle egg

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vala

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Today in Melbourne it's been raining quite a lot, and so I was watching my outdoor turtle, Cash, because it walks around a lot during the rain ( I got the turtle 3ish months ago from a friend who kept it on his farm or something).

anyway so I went out to watch and I found an egg near the pond sitting on the dirt (it wasn't buried, but there are no trees nearby, and it's about 20mm by 30mm). I'm assuming its an egg from Cash, but I've only had cash for 3months and the previous owner barely saw the turtle until it got sick and gave it to me to look after and keep.

so I took the egg out and put it on some of the dirt it was on a tea towel, to keep it moist. But it is quite cold today, so I don't know if the egg would of survived... But I went out and got vermiculite and made a 1:1 mixture Of it with water and put the egg on that (I haven't rotated the egg).

would the egg have died when it was outside in the cold?
what else can I do to look after it? I haven't found any more eggs outside and I haven't seen the turtle ever dig the dirt out there, so I think the dirt would be too hard for it to dig to bury anything else it might of had..

thank you for any help :)

I just found 3more eggs in the water, will these eggs be drowned or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back