Help?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webcol

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I just checked my 6 month spotted. She is getting ready to shed soon.
But she keeps opening her mouth and everytime she does this there is like a clicking noise?
She opens her mouth every 10 seconds or so..
Any ideas? is she ok?

i cant tell if there is wheezing, she just opens her mouth slightly and it clicks. She was fine yesterday.

well its been pretty bloody cold lately so it wouldnt surprise me. how warm/big is her enclosure?

No foam or spit. No red dots or colour change in mouth.
Temps are good, humidity is good.
I have been reading and i think it may be the sheding thats doing it, i probally just freaked out for no reason. But i will still keep a very close eye on her, and she is quarantined just incase.
thanks

Could be the scales in the nostrils are loose already and when breathing can often make a clicking sound. My male diamond does this all the time but my female has never had this happen.

I would wait till after she sheds before jumping to conclusions. She'd be opening her mouth frequently to get the skin breaking so she can begin her shed. The clicking you here is most likely just from her breath flowing past cracks in the skin but keep a good eye on her. If it is the start of RI, keep her temperatures up and on, don't let her cold, and start searching for a good vet as she will need medicine if it is RI. But don't hit the panic button just yet. Could all be part of the shed cycle. My olive boy wheezes now and then during shed, but I have found retained skin still in his nostrils - good strong hand to hold him and a wet cotton bud, gentle circle motions works well at getting skin out of hard places such as the nose and across their eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back