Herp software?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryony

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
is the MSA Herp software a good idea for first time python owners?
Anyone own/use this MSA Herp software?

Hi Bryony,

Although I use my own customised Access database for herp stuff, I did look at MSA Herp a few years ago and even then it was looking to be a good investment.

If you arn't up to setting up your own database and writing some VB scripts, I would definately recommend it.

Cheers

David

i use it but am not hugely keen on it. one thing that annoys me BIG TIME is that you cant enter notes for a previous date...like if u want to note that it did a poo or whatever and it did it YESTERDAY, it wont let you plug in yesterdays date and instead will come up with todays :? other than that its orright i guess. greg told me about another one which seemed to be better but i couldnt get the proggy to work...maybe he can remind me cos now i've lost it :D

i just tried to go to their website and it has either moved or it has finally been dumped cos i think the creators went out of business or something?

a record keeping CD Rom for Reptiles and Amphibians. Record categories include feeding, shedding, health and dosage, measurement and weight, temperature, purchase and detailed reports and graphs also to store photographs. An Australian product MSA Herp has a full Australian species database and detailed specimen records. Designed for Windows 95, 98, NT4, 2000 and Millennium.

before i buy it i want to know if it is good for newbies and usefull in genral

dont buy it cos im pretty sure they went out of business and you will probly never get your money back! plus i think everyone on here has the same rego key lol

can anyone reconmend one? Or better yet lend me the software?

which is better- hungry herps or MSA Herp

well msa herp mirconex web page dosn't exist so i'm going to down load hungry herp and see how it is

This is going to seem really naive, :oops: but I am definately a fan of pen and paper record keeping. Those who are on great terms with their computers good on you because I definately can see the merit to keep your records that way. As I have just "mastered" spreadsheeting, I have the had the odd thought that this might be another effective way of storing your animal data. Is this achievable with this programme?

Regards Rina

Ive created my own Database in Microsoft Access...
Real quick and easy, and you can include any data you want in there,,
and its freee

I use paper too Rina, no way I can be bothered turning the puter on and opening a program every time I want to enter something. I have enought trouble making myself put pen to paper each time.

do you think a normal yearly diary would be equaly a good?

yeah, why not! :)
whats important is what information you record, since its only for your benefit, and your snakes. .........and your vet. lol

bryony i use a yearly diary for 2 of my snakes and the other 3 i use msa herp for atm cos i ran out of diaries lol. its a good way to do it because you dont need to always turn the computer on to access the information and its easily portable :) plus i have yet to find a computer program which really does a good job of keeping the information (mind you i havent properly tried greg's yet). msa herp doesnt even have a section to put in the birthdate of the animal (unless i'm just missing it) so i think i might be calling nymph 2yo for a long time lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back