Herpetofauna V33 No. 1

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grahamh

Reaction score
For those of you that don't get Herpetofauna, the latest edition just came through my letter box. There are a couple of interesting articles.

1. Incubation of Lace Monitor Eggs - by Ray Hoser
2. A record of scaleless Death Adders - by Eric Vanderduys

there's a picture on the cover of the Death Adder - it looks like it's wearing baggy pyjamas.

Graham

I've included a pic here - I can't see any copyright notice in the mag but if Admins think this should be removed please do so.

The magazine comes out twice a year at $6 per issue and should be available from the Australian Herpetological Soc. (and is an option of membership). It's always a good read and I reccomend it and the Soc.

Scaleless_0003_2.sized.jpg

could you PLEASE post a pic of the Adder because I dont get the magazine.

Death Adder ( Acanthophis antarcticus) with scale agenesis. This is the common death adder. The article says that six out of twenty three were born this way. They have some ventral scales and a few over the eyes. They wer a little heavierthan their siblings. It's caused by a recessive gene. Sloughing seems to be a problem as the skin is so thin it tends to roll into a band and get caught around their mid sections.

The author is from Wynnum QLD. His full address is given in the article.

The adder looks good but how long would it last, is there any thing goin wrong with them apart from shedding?

Yea I got my herpetofauna today some very good articles in there :D. The bloke said to date their are no feeding issues and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back