herping - Gympie.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewan

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all! The weekend before xmas I am heading up to Gympie. I have never been up there before and I am wondering if there is much in the way of interesting wildlife and herping spots. If so anyone interested in a herping trip and showing me around up there should PM me!

Thanks!

Regards - Ewan.

spotlight near amcoor(?) state forest for frogs and cane toads ( mainly cane toads ) and the odd RBBS. GTFs common in house drain pipes. And Rainbow bay for lace monitors and a patternless morph of Ctenotus robustus. Also keep an eye out for the Mary river tortoise

Annomore State Forest just south of Gympie. You Should find a fair bit there. The road leading to the state forest is a good spot with all sorts of reptiles to be seen.

Thats Amamoor State Forest guys.My other halfs uncle owns a property that backs on to the state Forest & he regularly has lot's of reptile visitors.

Awesome! Thanks people! Turns out that Amamoor is where I'm staying anyway! So anyone up for a spotting trip?

alls that i now there are a heck of alot of carpets, i heard that Gympie in aboriginal for Land Of The Carpet Snakes duno if its true or not.

Try Mudlo Gap at Kilkivan, its not far from Gympie and you also pass the turn off to Brooya Forest on the same Road.

I've also been told Kenilworth at the top of the Mary River area is great but i have not been there.

Simone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back