Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeckPhotographer

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well over the past few months I've been doing a fair bit of herping over lots of NSW and taken a fair few photos. I thought I'd culminate it all into one thread as it makes it a nice larger thread. Lots of the stuff I saw I didn't photograph being time sensitive and it being stuff I had seen or photographed before so many of these are either things that are new for me or when I had more time.

Click on the pictures to go to my flickr which has common names of animals and a rough locale.

Sorry that my skink photography is pretty crap, I'm getting better but geckos are still my forte.

I'll generally try to post in bunches based on a trip or locality, please enjoy and leave a like if you like it, or even better a constructive comment to help me improve my skink photography.

Cheers, Stephen.

We'll start off with getting pictures of a frog I hadn't photographed yet near Gosford.

Litoria freycineti by Stephen Mahony, on Flickr

and this gecko I had a play with getting shots,

Phyllurus platurus by Stephen Mahony, on Flickr

a few pictures from North when time was a major issue.

Calyptotis ruficauda by Stephen Mahony, on Flickr

Saltuarius wyberba by Stephen Mahony, on Flickr

Morelia spilota by Stephen Mahony, on Flickr

Some from an Earthwatch (NPO), Australias Vanishing Frogs Field Trip. Where I just happened to meet a forum member who had come along for the trip, I didn't realise they were a forum member till after the trip.

Saproscincus spectabilis by Stephen Mahony, on Flickr

Litoria daviesae by Stephen Mahony, on Flickr

Litoria barringtonensis by Stephen Mahony, on Flickr

Litoria barringtonensis by Stephen Mahony, on Flickr

Egernia cunninghami by Stephen Mahony, on Flickr

A few from a non-herping trip just past the upper hunter valley with some friends.

Pseudemoia pagenstecheri by Stephen Mahony, on Flickr

Pseudemoia pagenstecheri by Stephen Mahony, on Flickr

and I'll just throw in a skink from around my house for the hell of it.

Eulamprus tenuis by Stephen Mahony, on Flickr

Hope you enjoyed the pics.

Fantastic shots Stephen! nothing at all wrong with your skink shots! Thanks for sharing

oliver-twist-007.jpg

Nice photos how many Tussock Skinks did u see on ur trip we get a lot here in Melbourne particularly on the basalt plains. Also is the snake (Morelia spilota mcdowelli) the only snake u have seen lately?
cheers Micah

Hey Micah

Saw maybe 300 or so tussock skinks in a couple days.... must be a lot in the basalt plains.

Nah seen a bunch of snakes mostly rbbs, gold crowns common sort of stuff.

cool lol i dont see 300 but they are pretty common along with Lampropholis guichenoti on the basalts.

Absolutely awesome pics mate! From the from the bunch I think the shots I think the Broad Tail gecko and the 1st shot of the Burtons are standouts. Is it common forHeleioporus australiacus to have such large arms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back