Herping near Canberra

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Supra_man87

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Went for a quick drive along a few back roads around where i live this morning. It was only about 17 degrees when i was out there, so i wasn't expecting to see much. I ended up doing better than what i thought! Nothing too special, but still always good to see this amount of animals out and about.

First was this Eastern Bearded - This one was just sunning itself on a termite mound next to the road.

Next was this nice Eastern Beardy - I could see him from a good distance away with his head and tail up in the air, but by the time i got there he had lowered to the ground.

Next i came across this beautiful Eastern Blue Tongue - just cruising across the road when i pulled up.

Then about 2 minutes later, i saw this little guy come out from the edge of the road - Shingleback

Then another Eastern Beardy - I was able to get right next to him for a couple of photos, then he ran up a nearby tree.

As i was just about to head back into town i spotted this little guy on a old fence post - Cunninghams Skink

Just as i was about to turn in my driveway i saw something further up the road that looked similar to what i had seen earlier.. Yep another Eastern Beardy.

I'm heading out to Western NSW to one of my favourite spots in a couple of weeks, so i'll have a lot more photos of a lot more animals when i get back from that day trip.

Cheers
Dan

Attachments

• DSCF4183.jpg
    DSCF4183.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCF4187.jpg
    DSCF4187.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCF4190.jpg
    DSCF4190.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCF4192.jpg
    DSCF4192.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCF4193.jpg
    DSCF4193.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 80
  • DSCF4195.jpg
    DSCF4195.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 88
  • DSCF4199.jpg
    DSCF4199.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCF4201.jpg
    DSCF4201.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCF4203.jpg
    DSCF4203.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCF4205.jpg
    DSCF4205.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 106
  • DSCF4206.jpg
    DSCF4206.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 95
nice finds and thanks for sharing , i have been having trouble finding stuff in the bush near my place , i think the main reason is it was hit by fire a few weeks ago . The temp here has really picked up today and is supposed to get into the 30's on sunday :) im going to check out some bush around northpine dam to see whats out and about .

cheers nico

Nice find mate, great day for it hey, nice warm breeze. Did a spot of fishing for an hour or so :) top day in the Capital.

Nice find mate, great day for it hey, nice warm breeze. Did a spot of fishing for an hour or so :) top day in the Capital.

Other than the raging fire and toxic fumes lol and the bumper to bumper traffic all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back