Herps from around newcastle! Lets try again.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jordanmulder

Reaction score
Mods please delete the other thread.

well spring is here and reptiles are beginning to get active, Here are some finds from around newcastle most of these are from differing locations and were not found in one herping spot, no spectacular finds but I'm pretty happy to be finding them. Please feel free to correct me on an ID if I have made a mistake

Amphibolurus Muricatus

P8259013-Copy.jpg

P8259015.jpg

Physignathus Lesueurii

P9039284-Copy.jpg

P9029278-Copy.jpg

P9029262-Copy.jpg

I was excited to find this Pogona Barabata in someones front yard, he wasn't too big at all and very skittish!

P9069514-Copy.jpg

P9069512.jpg

P9069503.jpg

The very common Eulamprus Quoii

P8299171-Copy.jpg

A common garden skink which I seriously couldn't be bothered to get any good shots of. (sorry all you LBS lovers)

P8269070.jpg

Eulamprus Tenuis?
P9069486.jpg

The ever present and extremly common litora Fallax

P82388973-Copy.jpg

P9089673-Copy.jpg

Crinia signifera

P9059473.jpg

P9069577.jpg

P9059460.jpg

P9059463.jpg

Striped marsh frog, very common but difficult to locate, how ever thier calls are eaisily recognisable

P1102630.jpg

and a pede for Richoman to ID
P9099751.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome photos mate, what camera did you use? i was thinking of getting a canon 70d.
I used an olympus E620, the camera is not too bad the lenses are crap, terrible in low light and I always get trouble with grain (espcialy in landscape shots)

Nice pics Jordan, did you go the place i told you about yet?? Let me know when your going.

Nice pics Jordan, did you go the place i told you about yet?? Let me know when your going.
hey dan I haven't been yet, these pics were taken just before I got in contact with you!

ajpaklayan, these photo's have been tweeked

Nice pics, I'd say all the adelotus? are crinia, but the angle is not the best for id so I might be wrong.
hey geck photographer for Id perposes I kept these two shots, care to ID because I'm not sure of them myself, and your much more experianced than me so your probably right.

Attachments

• P9059471.jpg
    P9059471.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 93
  • P9059461.jpg
    P9059461.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 100
Yeah, they are Crinia. The second one is a fairly common colour pattern for signifera. For next time you are id'ing these look up some belly shots of Crinia and Adelotus, Adelotus has much more solid patterning, whereas Crinia have a 'dirty' marbling. Oh yeah you are right about the tenuis, considering the area it is in.

Yeah, they are Crinia. The second one is a fairly common colour pattern for signifera. For next time you are id'ing these look up some belly shots of Crinia and Adelotus, Adelotus has much more solid patterning, whereas Crinia have a 'dirty' marbling. Oh yeah you are right about the tenuis, considering the area it is in.
Awesome, thanks!

great pics jordan.anyone keen to go herping at the awabakal this sunday?

very nice pics jordan!
love the fallax shot !
pede is Cormocephalus aurantiipes :)

Excellent photos.

And thanks for posting them.

(I now think where Lizzy has probably been hanging out and with whom when she's not inside with me. She's been hanging out with her baby (really cool photo of that pair of eastern water skinks (mother and baby)).

I also like the photos of those dragons and frogs.

Where did you go to get all those herp photos ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back