Hey Hey Hey

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz_is_hot

Reaction score
hey hey

i thought id officially say Hi, my names Andrew and i live at Londonderry, in Sydney, nsw AUSTRALIA :D :D :D :D :D :D

im 19, single.

i own a baby red belly i found near a creek near my house, it eats little skinks, i joined to find out more information about it.

any suggestions would be great, i'll put up a pic when i find batteries for my camera.:)
great to meet you all and be part of your community:D

AnDr3W.

Hi Andrew.

You best be thick skinned.

Do you have your reptile keepers license?

IsK

Hi and welcome. First thing you need to know is that it is illegal to remove reptiles from the wild and you need a permit to be able to keep them as pets. It would be in both yours and the snake's best interests if you were to release it where you found it.

Out of curiosity, how many skinks are you feeding it per week?

Aside from the legality issue with removing it from the wild, there is also the little issue of being bitten.

Now red bellys arent the worst we have, however, the antivenom required has a few little side effects worth mentioning.
In certain people the following have happened
Loss of smell
Loss of sensation periodically
counts of blurred vision
co-ordination reduction
heart palpatations

So there are a couple of little things that you may want to consider, granted if it tags you, more than likely you wont die, however, the antivenom is enough to just leave them alone.

Cheers

no i dont have a license?!? how do i get one?
i really like him i dont really wanna let him go.

he ate one skink a few days ago is that ok for him?

hi andrew, as the others have said it would be in your best interests to let it go where you found it. its illegal what you have done.
welcome,
cheers.:)

I reckon that this is a joke thread:lol: .

Anyway if its not your gonna get a work over newbie:lol:

Welcome to the site mate, enjoy your flaming.

1. Wild caught herp

2. Ven snake (no experience)

3. Live feeding

4. Live feeding WC skinks

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah:lol:

Welcome to the site, what your doing is illegal, best off letting it go as you cant legally keep it in any possible way.

Im sure plenty of idiots will give you crap about this but just ignore them and do the right thing(get a licence and legal animals).

Last edited:
no i dont have a license?!? how do i get one?
i really like him i dont really wanna let him go.

he ate one skink a few days ago is that ok for him?

It is impossible to legally keep him. If you want to legally keep one you will need to get a special license, which will take at least 2-3 years for you to acquire. Even then you wouldn't be allowed to take a snake from the wild.

If you're going to keep him, stop feeding him skinks and start feeding him frozen (but fully thawed) mice purchased from a pet store. They are a lot more nutritious and don't carry the worms and other nasties that skinks do. But in saying that, i highly recommend you release the snake where you found it.

oh Andrew :shock: ... tut tut tut... shakes head in disbelief ...
you have been a naughty boy.:shock:

So Andrew, What inspired you to tackle this snake and take him home?

IsK

I guess it was a good idea to come on here, you now should know where you stand anyways.
Aint knowledge beautiful!!
Or is it ignorance is bliss.

geez guys they guy is just asking he has no idea why do you all have to be so nasty heres an idea help the guy out instead of rippin him to pieces after all its all about the animals not arrigants like you thanks to those who answered properly

Nobody was being nasty.

P.S. You forgot these - . . , ? . , . plus a bunch of capital letters... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats the big deal, yeah its illegal and i would assume he didnt know that but apart from the law and the risk he hardly doing anything wrong, im sure most of the older members here have kept wild caught animals at one stage and many still would legally(from WA and NT for example).

When i was a kid i used to catch and keep any reptile i could find, it was a great experience and all of the herps were released unharmed after i had kept them for a while.

And oh no, he is feeding it natural food :shock: how dare he do that :rolleyes:

Some ppl here really need to grow up a bit.

Yeah i don't think it's a big deal if someone takes one or two animals from the wild, i took my fair share when i was a young lad. The main thing that would concern me though is that the person, probably being unfamiliar with reptiles, is likely to give inadequate care, as i did in a number of cases when i was young. I remember when i was about 14 years old, i brought home a young Brown Snake one morning. I went upstairs later that afternoon and found it 'basking' on top of my stereo (not in its cage!!!!). :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back